Sign in to follow this  
Kuro Cleanbrush

Represent!

So, this very happy ReaperCon attendee-to-be has just purchased his admission (and tee shirt, of course)! In addition, I chose the Stormchaser Pirates to represent at the con, and I was curious whom everyone else decided to represent.

The reason that I went with the Stormchasers is that they are the closest thing to "good guys" that I could see amongst the factions, but I also kind of considered the Karkarions too. Their savage strength had its own attraction, lol.

I went with Stormchasers. The cult looked cool but I couldnt pass up following an awesome female captain. Tough choice, they all looked really neat, it will be a shame when Stormchaser leave the rest in the dust. ;)

I dont know what you guys are talking about, the wife an I pre-regged at last years con, are we missing something?

I dont know what you guys are talking about, the wife an I pre-regged at last years con, are we missing something?

This is my first RCon, so I don't know how things went in the past, but this year it seems like the folks at Reaper are giving our a "faction badge" or something to show which faction you want to represent in the big-four-way-battle-for-the-pirate-isle theme they have going for this year. It looks like there will probably be some sort of big dungeon crawl with these four factions, so the badges and everything probably have something to do with that or other related events.

My explanation probably isn't perfect, though, so I'd suggest hopping on over to the Reaper home page and checking things out!

they are doing things a bit different this year. Everyone is siding with 4 factions. Might take a look at the registration page & then send a PM to Kit & explain your pre-reg.

Razig all the way, baby. Undead pirates? What's not to love?

I can honestly say I can't decide what faction to join... Stormchasers or Razig... Good or eeeeevil.... I will give it another day before I decide!

So, when you register you'll sign on with one of the four "pirate" crews: Karkarions (not really pirates, but sharkmen that eat pirates), Stormchasers (think crew of the Black Pearl), Razig (undead pirates) and Cult of Maersuluth (evil cultists that worship a terrible goddess and other nasty things). You'll get a faction button with the faction symbol on it to show which side you're on, and you're obligated to belittle the other crews telling them what a sorry lot of miscreants they are.

We'll be running several rpg scenarios, written by Joseph Wolf (ReaperWolf) set in Reaper's Adon campaign setting. These scenarios will allow you to play on the side of the crew you've chosen against various enemies in the City of Scynneoa. We'll be posting summaries shortly.

Tim Peaslee (Castlebuilder) is also putting together Warlord armies with the same factions facing off against each other, all set in the Scynneoan ruins as well.

We've got lots of stuff planned. Stay tuned for more details!