Sign in to follow this  
Boussole

03254: Naseer, Genie of Hakir

Well, I finally finished mini #2! And just in time for my husband's birthday~ ^___^

This was a very ambitious paint job for me and I've definitely learned a lot by working on this guy~ Not only was this my first attempt at freehand but I also took a shot at some OSL. I think the freehand turned out pretty nicely, though it was hard to get it just right with the way his vest is pulling/bunching. The OSL gave me a bit more trouble and i think this is a technique I'll definitely have to work on if I want it to be more convincing~

The thing that killed me the most on this guy was his cloud though~ That thing took me ages to get it to where i wanted it to be! There are more layers of paint on that thing than i want to think about (at least 20 different colors and who knows how many layers of these combinations)~ The colors for this guy were all picked out by my husband so the mini definitely has a different look to him than i would have personally gone with, but i think it works very well overall.

The gems on the base are actual sapphires and they sparkle beautifully in real life. I wish i could show you all just how nicely they catch the light~ ^____^

If you're interested, you can take a look at my sporadic WIP thread here~

IMG_3149s.jpg

IMG_3156s.jpg

IMG_3161s.jpg

• Like 2

That is some amazing work! You must be a natural artist, something I am not.. I've had to work hard and read everything I could under the sun to get where you are in terms of painting.

Thanks for all of the comments~ ^___^ My husband's been geeking out over this guy and he's glad you're all enjoying him as well~