Less than a month! What are you looking forward to the most?

Dodson

What a great video Shakandara, I just love this type of song!

It´s pretty curious to see how the BBQ changes so much from state to state. Even curious is to realize how different your BBQ is from the one made in Brazil. The way we cut the meat, how we grilled it and even the type of spices we use.

At least one thing our countries got in common, the best BBQ in Brazil are also made in our southern states. :-D

I´m eager to taste the Texas flavors

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great video. We have a number of Brazilian style BBQ places here but nothing that I understand to be Texas authentic BBQ. Most of our BBQ is pork with lots of sauce in the summer. The big thing in glazes right now uses ice wine for the sugar content. Very good but I still want to try brisket.

My first year @ RCon I went to Rudy's. It as pretty darn good. I've yet to go back thou :down:

Speakin of food, is their gonna be the Kit's fantastic way to start out Thursday at the Con again breakfast?

Rudy's is serviceable. The problem is I live around some of the more famous (and deservedly so) Texas BBQ joints and I'm spoiled. (The joy of living in Centeral Texas.) I did a google search for BBQ Denton, TX and Rooster's Roadhouse looked promising as did Metzler's. Dickey's is a chain and they are on par with Rudy's but their taste is a bit sweeter than Rudy's. Rudy's is Rudy's solid Texas style BBQ. What I want to try is there is a roadside vendor over off of Swisher that looks super promising.

I'm somewhat of a BBQ snob... Rudy's is alright if you've never had Mom & Pop Texas BBQ. They are definently a chain. I'm going to be hunting around Denton for a really good BBQ place this year. I plan on getting there a day early to do some preliminary scouting. Worst case scenario I know of a hole in the wall place south of Dallas on the way to Waco. It's a big trailer BBQ pit in the parking lot of a run down gas station, but Gus who runs the BBQ makes fantastic briscuit and ribs. Hopefully he's still around.