New Factions?

You could even argue that they made their way to any mountain region by travelling through the underground waterways...I could easily see a reason for Bloodstone or Darkspawn or Darkreach to come into conflict with them just in competition for natural resources like food.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An example is the Bull Shark which flourish in fresh water and they are a primarily salt water fish. I can fully understand fishman travelling up rivers searching for resources and food. I can see them raiding along rivers and travelling inshore to secure resources. As for the desert thing, I can imagine fishman living in an isolated oasis after travelling too far inland. There are ways to explain it that do not stretch "reality" too far.

I would love to see expanded rules in the future to be honest like seige, mass battle, and published scenarios.

I was actually thinking of the D&D Sahuagin, who are famous for raiding seaside communities. They march up on the beach and attack, usually under cover of darkness; says so in the manuals. They're perfectly capable of breathing air for extended periods.

As for battles further inland, I suppose they could be carried there. By sparrows. Working in tandem, a horde of sparrows could easily lift a fishman. At least, the African sparrows could....

• Like 1

I accept Bedlam's theory as a means to getting by my suspension of disbelief. The faction must have Sparrows, or Swallows. :;):

~v

"African or European?"

"What? I don't know--"

BOING.

"AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaarrrrghhh........"

Its easy to come up with a group of models that people would like to create 'factions' out of. I could name a dozen or more right now that i could see. Some that would use some existing models, and some that I could see opening new places for Reaper to spread to... (giants and lava monsters, ethereals, an ape like race, psionic brainiacs, etc..)

But, the hard part is coming up with ORIGINAL AND BALANCED abilities, doctrines, and game details for those factions in a way that is not simply another cookie cutter design of something already existing.

Believe me.. Not saying it cant be done. Just saying it ain't as easy as you think and takes more time than you think.

But, more than any of that... it comes down to one simple thing... PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME.... Reaper listens to spent dollars... If enough people spend dollars buying Warlord models then you can bet that they will come back to our group and ask us to polish off another expansion (there were 4 expansions planned when we started). I would love to see more posts on the boards related to people hosting tournaments at their local store, or battle reports, or army lists with paintjobs....

I want another Dwarf faction. A magic/techno Dwarf faction. With a Big dwarven killing machine, a bear pulled wagon with an absurd cannon in it. And a Giant Automaton suit of Rune Covered Mithril armor with a huge hammer for one arm and an repeating Arbelest or Ballista on the other, (with crude ironsights for flavor.) I just think that sounds like fun. But maybe that is just me.

I would like to see a Avian (bird) based race/faction as well as a Feline based. There are a ton of birds in the world from which to get inspiration for models, both flying and flightless (to kill the can't have a whole flying army rebuttal). There is a "dog" faction (koborlas) so I'd imagine "cat" people are wondering when's their turn.

I am starting playtesting on the Elementalist Brotherhood... a mostly Neutral faction (coupla evil guys in there). Leaders and Elites are Mages focusing on one of the 4 elemental tomes with Soldiers being construct elementals.

If you are interested in helping to test these guys out...drop me a line off list.

Really good points Stubbdog,

We now have 11 people playing Warlord in my game club. I will work on getting battle reports and pictures up when we play next.

Eleven is the number to beat. I'm at two. I might be able to reach that if I make the effort. At the least, battle reports with pictures will be appearing on the world wide web.

I would like to see a Avian (bird) based race/faction as well as a Feline based. There are a ton of birds in the world from which to get inspiration for models, both flying and flightless (to kill the can't have a whole flying army rebuttal). There is a "dog" faction (koborlas) so I'd imagine "cat" people are wondering when's their turn.

That's wolf to you, Newbie or should I call you lunch? ::D:

That's wolf to you, Newbie or should I call you lunch? ::D:

:ph34r: Yeah I know. I have around 30+ Koborlas. Probably should have used "canine", lol! Still, would love to see some Werebirds and Werecats. ^_^