Sign in to follow this  
JoeGKushner

New Factions?

I agree, living Pirates would be nice. However, I'm more interested in expanding some of the current armies with a data card or 3 more. My wife plays Nefsokar but REALLY hates the fact that she HAS to field "squishies" in order to have archers or cavalry. I would like a vampire archer (or vampire spawn or something) data card or Chattel archers or something other than bones (I never cross my 2 possibilities (Bones or Blood suckers, not both. Personal fluff choice).

Short of a new edition of the game, you are not going to see additional cards for factions that are in-print, especially ones from the core book. They have ~40% more datacards than the SN factions, and Necros have the 2nd highest number of total datacards at 43 (trailing Reven by only 1).

Also, regarding archers: all archers in the game are "squishy", compared to the main army. Even O'lords, which have the highest average DV value for soldier models (outside of the SN book), still have archers that are not as tough as their mainline soldiers.

Of course, there is nothing that says that you can't tweak a card or two, or steal a card from another faction, for friendly play. As long as you and your opponent don't care, it's all good.

~v

Historically, IRL archers have always been squishy, compared to most infantry. This is why, for game balance, most games don't allow the use of the medieval "Superweapon," the longbow. Warlord games wouldn't last long if elven archers could shoot clear across the table.

LOL, OK "squishy" might not have been the best term. "Fleshy" might have been better. She was hoping for an all undead army. But, yeah the tweaking a data card idea is probably the best way to go. Any thoughts? :-P

As for the long bow, with a max range of aprox 200 some odd meters and the typical scale if 1"=1.5 meters that's ONLY 130" range or so. O_o