Gencon 2012?

uncacreamy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm totally bummed out.

The guys from my club were disappointed when I broke the news that Reaper won't be at GenCon. They will be devastated that we can't play the amazing dungeon crawl we watched last year.

I think that if. Give them anymore bad news, I may be dealing with depression!

It sucks but I totally understand schedules getting out of hand.

• Reaper User

The guys from my club were disappointed when I broke the news that Reaper won't be at GenCon. They will be devastated that we can't play the amazing dungeon crawl we watched last year.

You can always have your game club join us at ReaperCon :)

You can always have your game club join us at ReaperCon :)

I wish they all could too. I'm going to be there but many of my club can't afford the extra time or money for another convention. We have to fly to Dallas where 4 of us can road trip to GenCon. Besides, I'm sure we don't want to do a comparison of which con is better. I'm sure that I'm going to have a great time at ReaperCon. However, if I could do only one, I'd be at GenCon.

At GenCon, I get to visit will ALL my favorite game producers, not just a single favorite like ReaperCon. I hope that there is some form of presence at GenCon for the company.

Sorry guys. I planned on running at least a dungeon crawl and maybe more, but I just couldn't get the logistics worked out and the event deadline passed before I could get it set up. I would still be willing to run some games, but I don't see any option to get them in at this point.

You can still submit events to Gen Con, the deadline was mainly for listing in the program book. They will continue to place events as long as there is space available.

Yes GenCon is still taking events. I was really hoping for Ebentop again this year. I have 10 and 11 year old kids that loved it. It's hard to find events for kids in that age bracket that are good. I thought this was one of the better ones.

I understand you won't have product, but I request re-investigating running Ebentop and the Dragon game (I forget the name).

Let me double check my schedule in the VIG paint & take. I would be willing to run an evening game or two.

That's great! Worst comes to worst, I'm sure the VIG area would let you do a table in there for the game. All my club are VIG members and would love to play.

Of course, as good Canadians, we would have to ply you with beer for all your troubles, eh? :)

• Artists

*Boggle* I would find the chance to meet company and gaming celebrities like yourself to be an added feature to VIG.

My husband did it the first year, mostly because hotel rooms were in very short supply, and the extra cost of VIG was still less than the cost of going into a non-Gen Con block room. But it sounds like it's a heck of a lot cooler now than it was that first year!