Painting help for a new miniatures painter

blkst4r

Hey everyone i just started playing the miniatures game Hordes. I'm running an army that has a lot of detailing work and was wandering if anyone here could give me some advice on which paints to use to do the following; ropes, stone, and rune detailing that glows green. Thank you all very much.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you're playing Circle. PP has a Formula P3 beginner set of paints for each faction, and the Circle Orboros pack has six colors that you'll probably find overall useful.

As for stone, the P3s I use are Greycoat Gray for the base, then I mix in a little Trollblood Highlight, then maybe another drybrush of straight Trollblood Highlight, then maybe a last highlight of the Trollblood and Frostbite.

Most green glow with PP models comes from Necrotite Green, with green ink and Morrow White mixed in, in successive layers.

Gun Corps Brown and Hammerfall Khaki and Rucksack Tan all do well for ropes. With a little brown/black wash.

I'm sure somebody here can translate those into Reaper colors.

There's a ton of how-to's on here, and if you see a model that has an effect you admire, everyone is approachable, so ask your questions. Also check out the PP forums, and I've recently been looking at Dakka Dakka forums. (Primarily 40k, but they've got a lot of tutorials there too.) BTW, welcome to your new addiction.