Sign in to follow this  
cookjimjr

Nakayama Hayato, Samurai, Pathfinder #60083, Commission

Here is a recent commission piece I finished up recently. Nakayama Hayato, Samurai, Pathfinder #60083. A lot of detail on this one. I was asked to paint it similar to the design art, but had to make some adaptations. Personally, I am not impressed with my work on this one, but the customer loves it. Guess that is all that counts for commission pieces though. Comments and critique welcome. Don't be afraid to rip it if there is something you think I need to work on. Feedback helps me focus on needed areas and helps me improve.

post-6227-0-12369900-1335641434_thumb.jpg

post-6227-0-17884900-1335641446_thumb.jpg

post-6227-0-99266300-1335641458_thumb.jpg

post-6227-0-58927600-1335641470_thumb.jpg

post-6227-0-83983100-1335641484_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice work, for sure there is a lot of details on this model.

I like the balance of colors, both the gold and red pops out nicely.

Pathfinder’s miniatures are amazing and Bobby Jackson did a wonderful sculpt.

I think the base is way more than it needs, but whatever floats their boat. The paintjob on the model is really nice. Well done.

~v

Gods~ I'm painting this mini right now and the amount of detail on it is staggering! I'm sure to have nightmares about this guy. Your paintjob looks fantastic and i can only hope that mine will turn out half as decent! ^____^

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I wish the photos would have been better. Seems they are a little washed out. The red seem to pop better in person and all the white highlights seemed to evaporate into thin air. I am glad it has been well received even though it is not my best work.

Just started playing pathfinder and in the first part of jade regent now, currently using this mini but have the above samurai on its way... i cant wait to paint this guy...

Yeah, he is pretty cool. Hard to paint though. If you are looking for a challenge this will test you. Just take your time and everything should turn out okay.