Sign in to follow this  
Pharos

Generic Fantasy factions?

Greetings everyone

I just received my copy of warlod and reading through I found I quite liked the style of gameplay and mechanics. The only problem is all the factions are made for the reaper miniature line (where alot are named characters) and I want to use generic fantasy armies, like basic Humans, Undead, Goblins, elves etc. Could I say use the Crusader list for eg and convert it to a generic human list. I.e the list just has generic Wizards, Captains, spear soldiers, sword soldiers, milita etc.

In a word, yes. You can play the game with whatever models you like. Only in sanctioned Reaper events do you have to use their models, which is reasonable.

I use some proxies for my Reven, just because I loved some other Orc models, and the game plays the same.

Do what makes you happy.

Pharos,

I am not sure if I am reading your question the right way.

If I am reading that you want to play the game using the Warlord rules, including army build structure, and whatnot, but you simply want to proxy your own non-Reaper models in place of Reaper models, then as Joshus said, the answer is yes you can (except for in official tourneys).

If I am reading that you want to make up your own factions all together then the answer is "kinda"... For example, I know someone who really wanted to play a faction of Fire Giants, of which there is no Fire Giant faction currently in the game. So, He took the Icingstead faction data cards and he simply swapped out the word ice with the word fire. Again, He cannot do that in an official tourney, but he can do it at home or his local store all he wants. Of course, if this is your intention, then I would also make sure it is ok with your opponent.