Sign in to follow this  
Bel_Amore

Only two more sleeps!!!

Two more sleeps!!! Though to be fair, I've got one sleep before I head out. 2 sleeps before I set foot on TX soil. Who's excited?! Who's not even thought about packing yet? Who is going to get absolutely no productive work done this week?

Can't wait to see everyone!!!

Well, two more sleeps as long as no one decides to pull an all-night painting spree! :;):

But seriously, I can't wait! I was doing a little mental estimation of how much time I've spent getting ready for RCon between painting, sculpting, registering for classes, and etc. and I think I've invested around 150+ hours of work into this, but I know it'll be worth it! I should finish my painting tonight and get packed tomorrow.

Packing up the miniature/game stuff tonight. Clothes will be tomorrow. Head over to Boise early tomorrow to do some shopping with my mom (my ride over) & then check into my overnight hotel (which oddly has taxi service to the airport but the hotel is like a little over 1 mile from the airport ha ha) & try & get to bed early as my flight to Texas leaves at 540 in the morning!! Touch down in Minneapolis around 10 or so. Have lunch & then head to Dallas, get in around 2.

LOVE IT!!!!

I am hardly containing myself I worked today but it was rather fruitless:)! I still have to pack all my clothes and make a warlord list and do a million other things but I am excited then weds morning I am hitting the road at 3 am!

I haven't managed to accomplish anything. Packing painting stuff and minis right now. Clothes tomorrow. I'll leave here Wednesday.

I'm having a panic attack right now.

I just got an e-mail saying there is a screw up with the hotel and that my booking, which I paid for through Expedia back in January, was cancelled by the hotel. Apparently, they oversold the hotel. I now have to wait 3 hours till the owner gets in to find out who screwed up and how they are going to fix it.

Great timing the day before I leave!

I just got an e-mail saying there is a screw up with the hotel and that my booking, which I paid for through Expedia back in January, was cancelled by the hotel. Apparently, they oversold the hotel. I now have to wait 3 hours till the owner gets in to find out who screwed up and how they are going to fix it.

I had the same thing waiting for me in my Inbox last night when I sat down to pack!!! I was furious. I booked 3+ months ago so I could make sure and get a room at the BW and be around for all the fun night gaming and socializing.

Expedia sent me down the road to some Homewood Suites by Hilton. :angry:

I was not a happy camper. The lady that I spoke with was sure pleased with herself. "Well its a $200 upgrade for your stay and a full 1 and a half stars..." They ended up refunding $25 on my reservation for gas and crediting my expedia account for $100 on my next stay somewhere. Problem is I don't want to book through them again. This is my first experience with Expedia and most likely my last! I am not at all happy. Somehow I have to figure out how to sleep 4 in a King Suite with a pull out bed....

I was so mad I forgot to pack! So tonight I pack and try and sqeeze in some Diablo 3 before hitting the sack...

/rant off

P.S. Mini, let me know how it turns out for you. Give'em some more hell for me! :devil:

Update: I called the BW just to find out what happened. The middle eastern guy that answered the phone was sure frustrating. I wasn't able to get any solid information from him other than that he overbooked. He couldn't tell me if I had a room or not and wouldn't bother looking up my reservation for me. WOW!

Take a deep breath.

Even if they screw things up for you royally, there are people like me with a room with 2 queen beds, and it's just vejlin and I. We could easily put another two people in the room, if you don't mind sharing.

As the saying goes, don't sweat the small stuff (and it's all small stuff).

EDIT: And to keep this in line with the OP, I'm very excited, and probably a full day behind where I should be (painting/packing/etc). At least the cheesecake is done and my Warlord list is painted. Everything else needs to be finished, organized, and packed by lunchtime tomorrow, so I'm ready to grab Kim and get up to Reaper ASAP. One more sleep, indeed. :;):

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 1

Three for me. The Austin tribe will be heading up at the crack of dawn on Friday. I'm busting tail to complete my theme entry. Yes I'm super excited.

Well I just got my last paycheck. Finishing up my last project at my soon to be previous job. Very excited to head to Reaper tomorrow. I haven't managed to get anything painted, but I have minis/paints/brushes packed, and I'm almost positive that I'll make it to the Con with spare clothes, toiletries, and other non-important paraphanelia. Not sure I'll get much of the sleep tonight though.