Big thanks to everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. For the Reaper crew (and volunteers) for putting on such a great con, and letting us take part. All the painters and sculptors for putting up with me with such good grace. All the other attendees for making me welcome. I can think of few other crafts where people are as willing, and eager, to share their secrets. You're a fantastic group, and I'm glad I got to take part this year.

Also, thanks to those who taught the classes I was lucky enough to take.

I should have the pictures I took up online sometime this week. I'll be sure and provide a link for those of you who might want any of them.

• Like 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this was a very good ReaperCon from the Meat & Greet at the beginning to end, we left about 12:30 today and just got home, we are exhausted and have to unwind before work tomorrow.

I hate leaving every year.

And again, thanks to everyone who did their best.

Particularly the overlooked and underappreciated Ron Hawkins, who did his durnedest to make sharks fly.

I would like to add my thanks here as well.

Traveling from Canada by myself was a little daunting. You never know what you will find a the end of the journey.

What I found was a wonderful group of people who accepted me into their gaming family. I now understand why people see this convention as a family reunion. You have a great time while you are there and begin counting the days till the next time we'll meet again.

My class instructors were all amazing. The game masters did an awesome job and the Reaper staff went beyond the call of duty to make sure I had a great time.

So, assuming I don't have a heart attack from allbthe BBQ I ate each day, I will see you next year!

Don't worry Wren, I will make sure to bring you more cherry blossoms from Canada.

Safe trip home everyone.

• Like 1

And I too wish to throw everyone a very huge thanks for their time, effort, energy, and (most importantly) their fun and welcoming attitudes! The classes were amazing, and the willingness of the artists to just sit and talk with me about everything from paint selection to painting crystals was very much appreciated! Also, all of Stubbdog's very hard work running the Warlord tourney and everyone else's efforts in running their events deserve the highest commendation!

It's so much fun too now that I have actually met a bunch of you all and can start putting faces to names (well... with forum names if not real names :;): ), as now it's much easier to be cheering everyone on and eagerly anticipating each new mini.

I already can't wait to come back next year (hopefully bringing a few friends down with me!), but the earlier date causes me a few issues as it overlaps the spring semester. Nevertheless, I'll try very hard to see what I can do.

Now, it's time to paint some minis and convert a few friends into Warlord players!

Another greeting from Canada.

I would like to thank everyone for the great time at my first ReaperCon experience.

I had a lot of fun and learned enough to keep me busy for a while even if it was only for Friday and half of Saturday. It was a pity I missed Hollywood Squares as it sounded like it would have been a blast. (Hopefully someone will post some pictures of that event)

Next time I will do my best to make it for the entire Con.

I did not do a good job of getting forum names from people, but if you read this, you can always send me a PM.

David.

• Like 2

As this was my first ReaperCon i was not quite sure what to expect. What i experienced was the best 4 day con i have ever attended.

Everyone was so incredibly friendly, Reaper was an excellent host and the artists... wow. Unbelievably gifted AND willing to share their knowledge. Incredible. ReaperCon is now on my permanent Calendar of Spring events to attend.

I made new friends, learned loads of tips and tricks to better my own skills and gathered more BOOTY than most pirates do in a lifetime.

See you at the next ReaperCon (and artist con in the fall)

Xanderhook

-ok, so the clown was a bit creepy

• Like 1

I'd also like to thank the Reaper Crew; you guys threw a terrific con, and made this newbie feel very welcome.

I had a great time, and I learned a lot from all of the talented artists in attendance. I will definitely try to make it back to Dallas for next year!

I'd like to throw a huge thanks to the HNTS alumni of 2012 for being willing and able to allow more people into the classes since it seems I'll never be able to stop teaching it (HNTS Seminar-style in 2030 :D ). I'd also like to thank my Freehand class students for making my first paint-along class a success; you all did some awesome work in a short time! My favorite part of the Con isn't seeing all the cool paintjobs or the silly antics of events and whatnot (largest monkey) but getting to meet painters young and old who are really excited about our hobby and seeing all the people from all the years before. There's nothing better than being able to see someone's work progress from year to year :D. I look forward to almost losing my voice yet again in 2013!

Oh, and special thanks to Loim for the Saturday night Shiner :D.

• Like 2

From a Noob,

Thank you so much. I had not been to a con in ten years so I was a little nervous. The moment I walked in the door, the staff was nicer than I could have ever asked. I'll definitely have ReaperCon on my schedule next year.

This year was more awesome than last year. I was so happy to attend that I exhausted myself in just two days. Special thanks to Julie Guthrie for the most awesome Conversion With Hair class ever and her introduction to the fine art of manipulating "noodles." The mini show was unbelievable. Everyone brought their "A" game...

Until next time.