03547 Juliette, female wizard: sculpt B. Jackson, paint D. Schubert

dks

You'd recognize me if you saw me.

Hair: Nice. I get it. Suloise priest-mage of weejass (beauty and death) and she wants the eyes of the boys, "Up here." OK. Makes sense for young person just starting out. I still think she would have highlights in her hair (cantrip coloring) and be more kinda... nose up in dress and makeup... Like Heather in the movie "Heathers"... but that's just me.

Dress: I agree. It does look better with purple instead of black... Doesn't look as color shift though, is looking like embellished sack-cloth... not at all good enough for a "Heather"... how problematic is this simple model! Hmmm, maybe more purple in the sleeves to help your eye go 'round...

Now I'm going to have to try painting silk on something... and work with temperature...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek,

This one bumped another mini of yours out of my top ten favorites that you have painted. The use of the colored shading and how well everything flows together is outstanding. I have had this mini on my wish list for a while, so when I got my Reaper Credit for third in the recent on-line contest, I used that to pick her up along with a few other needs. The sculpt just looks like it would be a fun paint, and would lead itself to many interpretations. Not that mine will come out as well, but I can not wait to see how my interpretation will look. Again thanks for sharing your work and your ideas.

That is an incredably awesome job! The blond hair stands out to me in particular, as does the expression of the face and the skin tones (when you catch yourself ogling at the thighs of a mini, you know you're looking at the work of a master. Embarrassing, but true). I especially like the freehand work, in particular the subtlety and delicacy of the colors.

She looks Fantastic! It was a pleasure to get to see the painting process on her a bit in person, she came out great! I like the changes you made from your color studies, and the base work is inspiring too. And the freehand = more awesome! Always exciting to see what you do! ::):

And the class was really well done, thanks for teaching!