Sign in to follow this  
Pigmented

Does base shape matter?

Yes, shape matters.This question has been asked several times before (even very recently), so you might want to try searching the Warlord forums for those threads. They will explain at length why it matters (mostly it has to do with how models base one another, and how this interacts with their SAs for point costing).

For a friendly game, you are probably fine, as long as your opponent agrees to it. If you ever intend to play an official Warlord tournament, be prepared to rebase, or at least attach what you have to the correct size/shape bases.

~v

I thought I would throw a fit over the square bases until I really started playing the game. Now I'm putting lots of my models on square bases for Warlord, which was beyond preposterous in my mind.

It will all make sense when you start getting one or two games under your belt.

In the meantime, kick the tires with your round bases. As long as you both have the same shape, you'll get the feel for the game.

I like to put my minis on steele fender washers. As long as I use the correct size does the shape matter?

Steel fender washers are available (as I am sure you know) in 1, 1.5 and 2 inch OD sizes. If you stick with those you will be able to easily, temporarily and very simply 'square up' if you decide you want to participate in a tournament or other event that uses the official rules. As long as you stuck with those sizes you could then set your minis on square magnet bases like the ones from GF9 or Litko.

That way your figures could use either rounds or squares at will. :B):

Thanks for the idea TGP. There are no players around here that I know of so I'll have to make two forces and hope to find a player. It doesn't seem like Reaper supports the game other than at thier store so its pretty unlikely I'll ever play in an official tournament.