Sign in to follow this  
mustardgreens

14352: Unforgiven, Crusader Grunt

This mini is titled 14352: Unforgiven, Crusader Grunt, but I swear on the blister it said Templar Knight or something.

This guy was sitting on the rack at my LGS for months, and I felt sorry for him. So I bought him.

I originally painted him up for one of the PCs in my OD&D game. But the character died before I finished painting D:

This is my most recent mini, so please give me all your comments and criticism you can spare! Painted with Vallejo, he seems a bit dark to me. It was REALLY HARD to paint the decals on his shoulder and on his front because the consistency of thinned paint is just too watery and goes into the cracks instead of on the ridges. Sorry I couldn't get you a good camera shot from other angles. Tips truly appreciated.

MG

post-7430-0-76628300-1339028426_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Again the base is very nice and the stained armor boots add to the realist.

I think a thin black wash could help separate the silver and blue detail from the helmet.

My only advise would be, it's always better to apply many thin layer than a thick one.

I mention this because of holes filled with paint on the chainmail.

Ok, another trick. I don't know if you tried this but most of the time I apply paint with the side of my brush instead of the tip.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Remus Raducan, part of the Blood Wolf faction in Reapers Dreadmere setting.

Struggled to find this guy that interesting to paint, and as a result he ended up a bit lacklustre.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Field agents of the Inquisition, Crusaders are warriors trained in some of the finest military academies in the galaxy.
      They provide any group they are assigned to a wealth of knowledge and experience, and a worrisome reminder that the Inquisition is always watching.

Presenting Hugo the Crusader, a character class from Warhammer 40k by Games Workshop (this particular one is from the Blackstone Fortress standalone game).

This one proved quite tricky, made the classic mistake of getting him assembled and based before checking to see if I could actually get into all his nooks and crannies. He turned out quite good though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Pancakeonions
      So I just got a metric ton o' plastic.  Tanks, CAVs, tons of scenery!  So DAMN excited.

But...

There's a lot.  Any of y'all with game experience want to enlighten me on what would be a fun few models to start with, so I could get a game going soon-ish?  Like, would you build all four of a CAV (just in case you didn't back this one: you get four of each model in your order) or four different CAVs?  When would you ever field four at a time?

I'll probably build all four vehicles of each type because they'll build fast and look really cool.  The CAVs will take more time to paint, so any advice on which ones I should build first to get a fun, casual game on would be most appreciated!
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)