Sign in to follow this  
Duliniel

Sophie's Garden

This is "Sophie's Garden", one of the pieces I entered at ReaperCon. Very pleased that she won a silver medal in the Open category. Pleased and quite surprised that she won a bronze Sophie Trophy in the Diorama category. She started out as the 2010 Convention Sophie. I removed some of her bling and added gloves and boots (Wellies). I sculpted the butterflies and watering can. All of the flowers are real, dried flowers that I collected from various places, including my herb garden (so she kind of smelled nice, too).

post-2886-0-24821400-1339203746_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Love the idea and how you worked it out! Nice palette of colours! I can smell her already :D

The highlights of her hair and skin are absolutely stunning and the wings look fantastic, with the veins showing through!

Excellent sculpting aswell!

Just one thing... Any chance you could snap her from another angle aswell (to see the butterfly on the nose)? From this position, her eyes make her look a little strange and I have the idea that the butterfly is blending into the background (eyes and nose)...

@TheBucklandBrewer - Thank you! Unfortunately, I can't get any other shots of her because I sold her at ReaperCon (which is not unfortunate). She lives with Ed Pugh now ::):! This is the pic they took at the Con and they were nice enough to send it to me. Kicking myself for not taking photos beforehand *KICK*KICK*KICK*