Pirate Boxed Set

Soon, I will finish painting the remaining pirates from the most excellent Pirate Boxed Set I picked up at ReaperCon. A brilliant and beautiful and eclectic mix, crowned by the new Cap'n Razig and Angelica Fairweather (neither of which was in the set, but I couldn't resist.)

So. When can we expect the ninjas?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were the ninjas disguised as the cowboys boxed set?

And the boxed set doesn't have any of the pirates that have been released separately... yet. I totally fell in love with Jason Wiebe's pirate with the meat cleaver and chicken...

Wanted to get that one but figured I'd be buying a box I just won't use. I have a paint case & it came in handy at RCon, as I had to do some last minute painting for my rpg but overall for me the boxed sets are just minis I want in boxes I don't want.

Thus, I'll be happy to buy them one by one when they come out. I will add thou the minis that were in that limited release box set were all outstanding sculpts.

RM

I couldn't resist the boxed set for this one... and I got the autographs from all but one of the sculptors, so I was kinda tickled. :) Can't wait to paint some of them up, but I have a few others to get through first. Can't wait to see what you've done with them, Doc!

Haldir: you kidding? I LOVE the lunchboxes! They're handy for army transport. And I always kind of figured that ReaperCon ... well... the POINT is driving clear to Denton and then spending a whole &%$#load of money in wretched excess, yes? Kind of like Vegas, except you bring more home!

Again I don't do much travelling, thus the boxes are kinda a waste for me & would just stack up here unused. They are nice, just nothing I really need allot of. I was gonna put a bunch of minis in the one I got for ACon last year but ended up fitting everything in my Reaper transport. Paint went into the paint case & then into the suitcase. Perfect.

& yes RCon is very nice for bring goodies home.

RM

I almost got this pirate box, but after getting more than 50 miniatures from the Metal Trading and expending three times what I planned in the Reaper store, I just let it go and wait until each mini comes separately. I also got a "lunchbox" when I get the Mouslings in the auction, so my minis do not have to travel anymore wrapped in toilet paper LOL.

I almost got this pirate box, but after getting more than 50 miniatures from the Metal Trading and expending three times what I planned in the Reaper store, I just let it go and wait until each mini comes separately. I also got a "lunchbox" when I get the Mouslings in the auction, so my minis do not have to travel anymore wrapped in toilet paper LOL.

I bet you had an interesting time getting through Customs.

Doc,

I'm usually very lucky with customs. The airport inspection cut my padlock from Dallas to Ft Lauderdale, but when I arrived in Brasil with two bags full of stuff, the inspector was so sleepy (I arrived at 6h30 a.m) that let everyone from my flight to pass.