CavHq.com

WarlordHq.com

Nords-Games.com

Reaper Master Series Paints

Lewisville, Texas, November 7, 2003

A new paint line is in the works at Reaper and expected to hit store

shelves in the spring.

Developed with the advanced painter in mind, Master Series Paints are

formulated specifically to possess a high flow characteristic and slower drying time.

Master Series Paints will be bottled in _ oz. squeeze bottles popular

with master painters.

Reaper Miniatures, is a worldwide leader in the design and casting of

pewter science fiction and fantasy miniature figurines. Based out of

Lewisville, Texas, Reaper products are available in fine shops around the world.

For more information, visit the Reaper Miniatures website at ReaperMini.com.

:ph34r:

Wow.. master paints.... it's like a whole new world potentially... will be getting just for the sqeeze bottles I think. :B):

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What, exactly, are the advantages these will have over Vallejo? Besides being made in the US (for thos of us that live here)? More importantly, are they going to do only fantasy colors, or will they make colors that are useful to painters of more than just fantasy/sf figures? If they can do a good Feldgrau I'm sold!

Damon.

Please note: this is not official information, and I do not know what the final product will definitely include. Hopefully Anne will jump in and let us know. ::):

However, anticipated improvements include:

A base that has greater adhesion and more durability than Vallejo's, solving the rub-off problems many painters have.

A color range designed to include paints that will shade and highlight each other without a lot of mixing, blending, and long division. ::P: And I believe Reaper is taking note of the popularity of historical and military colors.

Feldgrau is a green-grey (German uniform color). Really nice color.

OOOhhh. This is exciting news. The questions is, how does IT TASTE?

I'm hoping for some flavored paints.

Red = cherry, raspberry, or strawberry...

Blue = blueberry

Brown = maple syrup

Yellow = vanilla

THAT would be awesome for all us brush lickers !!

sheesh, then I'll have to start replacing all my Vallejo with the new Reaper that I was replacing GW, Reaper, Testors, Tamiya and craft paints with.

Though I do like the shading/highlighting scheme. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Any word on how much for how much?

As for color range, they should just basically copy Vallejo. They have some great colors there. SS Camo Black-Brown, Black-Red, Black-Green...

yeah...

i'd been switching over to vallejo.

looks like a good thing that i couldn't paint for a year, 'cuz i couldn't replace all my consummate v's yet & now i can just buy r's master paints....

that's assuming i would know the difference between regular & master paints if said difference came up and bit me on the face!

hmmmm....

now if only i had some beefy arms to carry home all the paints!

yeah...

i'd been switching over to vallejo.

looks like a good thing that i couldn't paint for a year, 'cuz i couldn't replace all my consummate v's yet & now i can just buy r's master paints....

that's assuming i would know the difference between regular & master paints if said difference came up and bit me on the face!

hmmmm....

now if only i had some beefy arms to carry home all the paints!

That's when you find some cute guy to carry them home for you CD. They make great pack animals. :;):

*ducks*

I personally am going to get a couple and try them out if I have the money to do it at that time. I'm hoping they are not as expensive as Vallejo paints are. I won't pay $3 for a bottle of paint.

That's when you find some cute guy to carry them home for you CD.  They make great pack animals.  :;):

*ducks*

Hey, no need to duck. Most guys don't mind carrying the packages so long as they get to walk two or three steps behind the lady they're carrying them for.... :;):

Now, as far as replacing all my Vallejos is concerned.... I don't see the need. Use them interchangeably, I say. I use so many different paints now as it is. Heck, I still have some old gunky Ral Parthas that I use!!! ::D: