Master Paints

coogle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the low-down as it stands (subject to change, but so far this is it):

Master paints will come out in the spring. They will be in dropper bottles. They will (alas, Enchantra) be around three bucks a bottle, because they need to be to cover the costs of upgrading our pigment, binder, and bottles. Good art supplies are almost never cheap (with the exception of Folk Art Extender!! ::D: ), and many Reaper peeps went to great lengths looking into ways to improve the line. So I apologize if you feel the paint will be too expensive; I am working hard to make sure that it will be more than worth it to advanced painters. Other factors: we are looking, as Paintrix suggested, to make a paint that flows well, has a long life expectancy, covers great, and doesn't rub off nearly as easily as Vallejo. We are looking at a start-up of 54 "basic colors" (which will fill some holes in our current line, adding in some warm browns and greens), and then an expansion of another 54 colors, which will bring in some of the naturalistic, military, or just plain weird colors! ::D: A great many of the colors will be drawn directly from our current Reaper line; we'll just be improving the formulation and going to new bottles. Others will be brand-spanking new. There will, for example, be a truly dark black-purple if I have to jump up and down and cry my little eyeballs out. :poke:

--Anne

No need to apologize. I'm only concerned about price because I am on a rather restricted budget. And once my teaching paychecks run out, my budget is going to be even more restrictive. The way I see it, if I buy 10 bottles at $3 plus tax that comes out to somewheres in the vicinity of $33 total, that is more than 3/4 of my cable modem bill for a month. No cable modem, means no Monster.com, or online job searching. One has to have priorities. No offense meant, and I hope none was taken.

I'm very excited by this development. I've been enjoying my Reaper paints, and since my FLGS carries the current Reaper line I'm pretty sure they'll carry these. And $3.00 a bottle isn't that much more than they charge for the standard line.

And Enchantra: don't give up hope! A lot can happen between now and next spring. We've been going through financial/employment issues too. It always seems insurmountable when you're in the thick of it, but things have a way of working out if you're diligent and motivated. Keep your chin up and you'll be back in paint in no time.

Wonder if someone else mentioned before. But one really NEEDED color is a paint on BLACK primer.

I prime black occationally and whenever I do, I always miss a few spots and wished someone out there made some paint on black primers.

And painting the mini black doesn't cut it.

To fix missed spots, I had to paint on white, then paint it down to black. An extra step that takes time away from the fun painting.

Thank god at least there's a few paint on white primer out there.

yes. mini skulls in the paints would be a must - its the only things that keeps me from drinking the stuff... and the better the paint, the more irresistable.

Although putting flavors in the paint wouldn't be such a bad idea... My nose is still blue from those crayola scented markers in second grade. Those were GOOD.

Oooh oooh. And black tops on the master paints! AND, and shiny stuff... like precious gooold. Muhahaha.

I am new here so whats with the mention of peweter skulls in paint? I have ordered the reg. reaper paints listed on the site to get started wtih as I just now have figured out where the store is in NC where I live thats in driving distance. Will be going there tomorrow hehehehe or later today.

Welcome to the mayhem Johnny, I hope you learn as much as I have. If you shake a bottle of Reaper Paints, the rattle you'll hear is a little pewter skull that is acting the part of a paint shaker.

Now, with the news of the pain line, would anyone mind e-mailing my life and explaining how these paints will be life affirming for me, as well as explaininge embarassing and debilitating mental and physical side effects of not getting them? :wacko:

I'm very excited by this development. I've been enjoying my Reaper paints, and since my FLGS carries the current Reaper line I'm pretty sure they'll carry these. And $3.00 a bottle isn't that much more than they charge for the standard line.

And Enchantra: don't give up hope! A lot can happen between now and next spring. We've been going through financial/employment issues too. It always seems insurmountable when you're in the thick of it, but things have a way of working out if you're diligent and motivated. Keep your chin up and you'll be back in paint in no time.

I'm not giving up hope. I'm looking into a lot of possible avenues including working from home, an option that since my Father has failing health would not be a bad thing. So I am looking into things.

As for the paints, well yes, I feel $3 a bottle is a bit high, but I still might get a few depending on the colors available and how my financial situation looks.

Welcome to the mayhem Johnny, I hope you learn as much as I have. If you shake a bottle of Reaper Paints, the rattle you'll hear is a little pewter skull that is acting the part of a paint shaker.

Now, with the news of the pain line, would anyone mind e-mailing my life and explaining how these paints will be life affirming for me, as well as explaininge embarassing and debilitating mental and physical side effects of not getting them? :wacko:

Be one with the paint, you are getting sleepy, sleepy, you must buy the paint, it will set you free, free I tell you.... :ph34r:

Okay, the low-down as it stands (subject to change, but so far this is it):

Master paints will come out in the spring.  They will be in dropper bottles.  They will (alas, Enchantra) be around three bucks a bottle, because they need to be to cover the costs of upgrading our pigment, binder, and bottles.  Good art supplies are almost never cheap (with the exception of Folk Art Extender!!  ::D: ), and many Reaper peeps went to great lengths looking into ways to improve the line.  So I apologize if you feel the paint will be too expensive; I am working hard to make sure that it will be more than worth it to advanced painters.  Other factors:  we are looking, as Paintrix suggested, to make a paint that flows well, has a long life expectancy, covers great, and doesn't rub off nearly as easily as Vallejo.  We are looking at a start-up of 54 "basic colors" (which will fill some holes in our current line, adding in some warm browns and greens), and then an expansion of another 54 colors, which will bring in some of the naturalistic, military, or just plain weird colors!  ::D:  A great many of the colors will be drawn directly from our current Reaper line; we'll just be improving the formulation and going to new bottles.  Others will be brand-spanking new.  There will, for example, be a truly dark black-purple if I have to jump up and down and cry my little eyeballs out.  :poke:

--Anne

I want fleshtones, I have an illness when it comes to these.

My current collection of paints includes 17 different shades and tones of natural skin colors (I stress the natural because I'm not opposed to attempting any color as a flesh). Of the 17 eleven of them are mixes that I have made (like my egyptian over in show off).

ok, heres the little hint for the Reaper peeps:

::o:FLESHTONES! LOTS O' FLESHTONES! ::o:

ps. Anne count yourself one more pouter/complainer/whatever-it-takes on that black/purple :devil:

Flesh tones are nice. I tend to mix a lot of my own and use colors that are not labeled as a fleshtone because I feel they look more lieflike than the actual flesh tones that some companies put out. I'm using Americana color called Capuccino for my caucasian skin tones instead of what most craft paints or professional paints call their skin tones.