03252 Anatole - Modified with 02963 Camp Axes

So I decided to see if I could make an axe throwing pirate and started with Anatole. I went through all of the weapon kits and almost every character wielding axes in the Reaper catalog and finally decided the axes in the Camp Accssories pack were the best size and shape. I salvaged a hand from some elven warrior I had laying around and started chopping and reassembling. I need to get into some of the cracks with some green, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. I will update when I get it greened and primed.

post-7059-0-90323000-1340730360.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Jordan, it was touch and go for a while, but once everything was drilled, pinned, and reassembled, it started to look pretty darned good. I'm still nervous to prime it, it always makes my cuts and scrapes so much more obvious.

Thanks for choosing this figure (one of my sculpts) as the basis for your conversion.

I agree with the others here -- your hand-swaps turned out great and they fit the pose of the original figure.

I look forward to seeing the painted version.

Derek

Thanks for choosing this figure (one of my sculpts) as the basis for your conversion.

I agree with the others here -- your hand-swaps turned out great and they fit the pose of the original figure.

I look forward to seeing the painted version.

Derek

Thanks for the compliment. It took me a while to get the left arm just right, but I'm really happy with it now.

I'm not really that good of a painter, and I'm years out of practice. I wouldn't expect too much. :;):

• 2 weeks later...

So last night I got the primer back off successfully. Unfortunately, it also took one of the axes off so I'm back to repair work on that. No new photos today, but I did get the axe reassembled with a new hand (the old one was damaged beyond repair in the "axe-ident"). I'll be reapplying green stuff tomorrow to touch up the new conversion work and then back to primer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By empi2k
      Hi guys,
      I haven't been here for the better part of a year, but I'm back with a huge "miniature". Its the Lysander model from Toscano, more of a statue than an actual miniature model. There have already been at least two of those in the forums, and they inspired me to paint my own. Also I paint to use the minis for D&D, and we were finishing a specific campaign where I needed a Tiamat miniature. Lysander has five identical heads, so I modified them to resemble the five evil dragon types from D&D lore. If you want to know more, please visit the WIP thread here.

So may I present to you Tiamat, the Dark Queen of Dragons. I actually finshed painting the beast last December, but just got new photo hardware today to shoot the thing.

Sir William Peacekeeper is facing Tiamat and Severin, the Cult of the Dragon's leader alone. Poor fool.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Darth Sana

She stared at her adversary with cool and calm calculation, the Jedi was nervous... she saw the fear in his eyes, yes... GOOOOOOD.... fear would cause him to make mistakes.. she'd cut him down with her force-imbued katana and notch another Jedi scum on her belt...

She snarled at him, "Come and die, you fight the Sith Mistress!"
      ----------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: White Wolf Miniatures
      3 parts: Head, body, Sword.
      Scale: 70mm high
      Sculptor: Juan Puerta
      Casting: Sago

This was a labor of love and fun for me, I decided as soon as I saw this beautiful bust that I was going to paint her up as 'evil' and the paint scheme that called to me was to paint her up to look like Darth Maul, I added the horns with copper wire and then sculpted them on with ProCreate. 

Towards the end of the project, I was trying to decide how to display her and it came to me that I wanted to make her part of a story, give her a bit more of the Star Wars tie-in with a completely scratch-built Tie Fighter. The title placards on the sides were designed by my good friend @Thrym and I printed them off on cardstock and glued them onto the plasticard sides of the tie fighter.

The scabbard is my attempt at a sort of force rune, it is Kanji which translates into "Sith Mistress."

WIP can be found here: 

Without further ado, I present (Darth) Sana from White Wolf Miniatures!

Thanks for looking (and following along), C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Good afternoon everyone!

I've finished this tabletop + figure for one of my Players in my Broken Gods D&D game, this is Cairan the Warlock (pronounced as Keer-awn). He's the god of Death and War (tactics), think Valkyrie or the goddess "Morrigan" from Celtic lore.

Anyhow, it took probably 4-ish hours do do this figure to the TT+ standard and I added an eagle or hawk familiar from one of the bones familiar packs to his shoulder painted up as a large crow as the character has a large crow as a familiar.

Sorry for blurry pics, my phone is not cooperating with me today!

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and appreciated, thanks for looking!
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Just finished up with "Cadence", the figure is a modification of Dark Sword Miniatures Female Rogue (DSM-7437) where I cut off the dagger in the off-hand and added the lute from Reaper's Adventuring Accessories (02638) to make her into the party bard.

WIP Pics here - 

Anyhow enough chatter, here she is at my Tabletop+ standard:

Inspiration pic here -

Thanks for looking! C&C are welcomed and appreciated.
    • By lazylich
      This feels like a dumb newbie question but: is there any issues or gotchas with mixing materials when modifying or converting minis and making bases? (Other than a light plastic mini falling over thanks to its big metal weapon I guess.) Obviously I'd need a primer that works on all of them, and it seems like CA glue ought to keep them all together, anything else?
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)