(Space) Nazis... I hate those guys. 15mm

Sentient Bean

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! Ooh! I have the old 'Area 51' saucer model kit (from Testors) somewhere. It's been years since I've even seen it, but going off my swiss-cheese memory, I'm thinking it would more or less be about the right size...It's 1/48, but could likely be repurposed for 15mm, given the subject matter.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rat13
      Awhile back Little Wars TV offered a complete starter set for skirmish gaming in the Wild West; they called it the Tombstone Tinderbox and it came with everything you needed to get started. The one caveat was that there was a limited number of boxes and once they were gone, they were gone. Not quite moving fast enough I missed out on the box and didn't expect to get another chance. On a whim however I checked their site and saw that they were selling the box. I'm not sure if they actually made more, they found a few forgotten boxes, or if some were returned and truthfully it doesn't really matter. All I knew was that I got a second chance and I leapt at it. 

Getting my hands on the box I decided to write a thread detailing my adventure in building, painting, and playing the game. Figuring the first few nights might not make for a very good read though I held off writing anything and now I'm nearly finished. Whoops, at least there'll be plenty to see and hopefully I'll have enough to say too. 

Though not quite a review I'm going to attempt to go over the box from top to bottom. First up is the actual box it came in. Once you peel off the shipping label I've got to say this is a pretty nice little box. Though you'll need to add a second box for the completed buildings transport to the game store shouldn't be bad.  

The system itself is Ruthless which is only one page of rules front and back. Even better they gave you two copies so you and your opponent can each look up rules or reference the sheet simultaneously. It also comes with a mini campaign with a few scenarios. 

It also comes with six cardstock buildings and thirteen fences. Having never built cardstock terrain before I have to say these were a blast to put together too.  

The box also has a small tape measure, 10 Woodland Scenic trees, 18 15mm miniatures, bases (metal washers), character cards, a deck of playing cards,  some gaming tokens, card sleeves, a dry erase marker, super glue, and wooden dowels. 

Last but not least they include a 24" x 24" felt game mat. 

Knowing I wanted to tackle the buildings first I jumped right in. Having no prior experience I've got to say these buildings really made me rethink my terrain collection. They went together quick and easy, they look great, and they store well too. 

Getting to the miniatures they painted up very quickly and I typically got four done each night. You'll need to forgive the extreme close up shots and the sins they reveal. At tabletop though they look great and the colors help them stand out on the board. 

At this point there are only four more cowboys (two standing and two mounted), and two horses left to paint. So just a few more figures to paint before I can really dive into the system.

Bonus
      Though they are not from this box I painted an additional four figures in this scale that I happened to have on had. If memory serves they all came from a Box of Goodwill at some point. First up are a two period "appropriate" figures. 

These two however are pretty out of place, unless you wanted to add a time travel element to the game. 

• By Rigel
      More 15-mm goodness, this time 15mm in size. These are just little guys! I couldn't resist the singular eye and writhing tentacles.
      I haven't decided yet what role they should play, but they are very alien aliens.

More angles of the three:

I feel like they have some kinship with the three-eyed ASSIMILATOR from Antediluvian, though, and wanted a color scheme to suggest it.

They are probably, like my other cycloptic aliens, remote phylogenetic relatives of the Illyrians.

Just weird little guys! 
    • By Mckenna35
      Friend of mine asked me to paint these for his Flames of War army.  He did the assembly and primer, and will be adding crew and markings.  He likes painting 15mm infantry and can't stand doing vehicles for some reason.  I'm pretty much the opposite!  Anyway, I'm assuming they're Battlefront models.  Base colors were airbrushed with Tamiya.  Details and highlights were Reaper and Vallejo. Tried using oil paint for the wash for the first time and 'm really impressed with how well it works for this application.  Surface tension is a LOT lower than using acrylics so it's a lot easier to get the wash into all the nooks and crannies.  Used pigments to add 'texture' to the tracks and dirty up the fenders.  All the 'metal' bits are actually done with a mechanical pencil and 2b lead. Pretty happy with how these turned out.

• By Gadgetman!
      Story
      Welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures 15mm Return to the Black Root Forest Kickstarter Campaign.  For many years, renowned sculptor Ben Siens has added great sculpts to our line of fantasy figures.  A year ago, we ran a successful campaign adding beastmen and treemen into our range of miniatures.  Over the past year, Siens has sculpted more wonderful figures for us and we decided to offer them to you via a second Kickstarter.
          Our primary goal for this campaign is getting the funds needed for the production molds and initial castings.  Our hope is that as we get the funding for production molds, we can also keep Ben sculpting new figures for future lines.  We need you help to get this done so please pledge today!
        Our plan is to have 11 new codes but we will also be offering these along with the entire range of Ben Siens sculpted figures.

There's only 4 days left in the campaign, so if you want some well-made 15mm goodness...
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/splinteredlightminis/return-to-the-blackroot-forest/description

• By knarthex
      So as hinted in my US Armored Company thread, here's the beginning of @Glitterwolf's Dragoons!

Some work on the Dutch tonight, PTRLs and C&Vs Had a problem with the wash I put on them last night, so had to re do the base coat. Tried a different wash, seen on one of the C&Vs, so need to try something else... Thanks for looking! SGT G   link to my US force

• Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)