Sign in to follow this  
Hot Lead

Harley Quinn - Eaglemoss 90mm

Here's some pics of my Harley Quinn model "Why so serious?" which won gold in Painters at Reapercon this year. She's a "free" give away from a UK magazine by Eaglemoss publishing. They publish titles for both Marvel and DC Comics superheroes - each magazine has a history of the character and includes a prepaint lead miniature. (Yes lead! These are heavy.)

I'm guessing the scale is 75-90mm. The minis are a deal at ~$14-16 per magazine!

For reference here's what the stock prepaint looks like:

5571257921_b5bfd64890_b.jpg

The cast-on base is a resin DC Comics logo I broke off on mine with my trusty Xuron cutters. The feet had lead tabs I sawed off and pinned instead.

post-2409-0-85049000-1341213840_thumb.jpg

The base is a print out of the Joker card glued to a playing card and hand-painted. The pop-gun cork was real cork - cut and sanded to shape before inking.

post-2409-0-62882600-1341213855_thumb.jpg

post-2409-0-55014200-1341213870_thumb.jpg

post-2409-0-82563900-1341213881_thumb.jpg

The "fuse" for the bomb is a braided electric wire unwound a little and dipped into super glue to thicken the tips of the wires. Bomb itself is just a wooden bead with plastic tube for the top.

• Like 2

This looks really great. I like the highlights on her torax and the overall presentation is really outstanding. :wub:

Really nice! I have this piece too. I might have to try the conversion as well :)

Thanks! She was a lot of fun to paint up. If you decide to convert note the lead is really soft. I tried to move her hand to better position the bomb and broke it off. I pinned it back in the stock position.

This looks really great. I like the highlights on her torax and the overall presentation is really outstanding. :wub:

Thanks Errex! I love Harley Quinn and had to do something apropos.