Sign in to follow this  
Bruunwald

Evil Empire has Evil Customer Service - Surprised?

Heh heh- since it's Valentine's Day, here's a fun twist: I've decided it's time to let GW know my life is moving in a different direction. We've had good times, rough patches, makeup painting sessions, and spent lots of money trying to impress each other. It's just not working out. GW, I'm just not that into you. You've been such a good friend; been there for me when I needed elves and space marines in my life, but I just can't see this relationship going anywhere. I just don't feel like you listen to me anymore. I've changed over the years, and I just don't feel like you're willing to change with me. I've also met this really nice RM. RM really understands me. RM has paint that doesn't dry out, can you imagine that! GW, it's not you, it's me. I am a fickle female gamer, not in your demographic anyway. I know you'll meet the right customer someday, don't worry. You can do so much better than me. I'll always remember the good times.

Happy Valentine's Day, Reaper! :wub:

• Like 15

Dear GW,

It's not me, it's you. Call me shallow, but I think you're starting to show your age. While you still have your nice mini moments, you're just too high maintanance for me. I won't lie, the only real fun I've had in your gene-pool of late was with your sister, ForgeWorld. I know you like to think that you're the only fish in the sea, but that's just not true anymore. There are many fish, and most are far less abusive on my wallet than you. It's been a blast... at least up until the last ten or fifteen years. I wish you luck and bid you 'adios', that's Spanish you know... my new friend Corvus Belli speaks Spanish...

• Like 6

I refuse to admit I've lost interest in the game that currently fills my garage cabinets. I'll never get back even a fraction of what I put into it if I tried selling it all off... Oh well. I'll drown my sorrows in a bile of fresh Bones next month.

• Like 2

I refuse to admit I've lost interest in the game that currently fills my garage cabinets. I'll never get back even a fraction of what I put into it if I tried selling it all off... Oh well. I'll drown my sorrows in a bile of fresh Bones next month.

I happen to know you can get back a fraction of what you spent... a very small fraction. My recent GW ebay action has netted me enough to take the wife on a weekend getaway, get into Infinity a little, put some aside for future KS projects, and make a couple credit card payments.

EDIT: typo

Edited by The Inner Geek
  • Like 2

So our new guy is a GW player - and I'm now a Bones Acolyte. Given that I'm preaching the Good Word, it was inevitable that I would encounter an attempt at counter-conversion.

Now I will say that it's nice - very, very nice - to have somebody else in our game group who likes to sling paint. So I'm content to give equal air time to opposing views about the particular merits of different aspects of the hobby. So I was quite open to hearing about GW.

Now, it's never attracted me on its own - but hearing it described by somebody who really likes it, and what they get out of it, and seeing their models was interesting. I said as much. Bolstered by this victory, then followed the question: "So, do you wanna play?"

At which point I said: "Nope, I don't need the abuse."

My sole big problem (outside sticker shock) with GW is what they do to their fans and players. They're cruel to them, IMO. It doesn't appeal to me at all, I don't care how nifty the product might be. They're undone by the reputation they've earned among the people who've supported them, and the litany of complaints I hear about them fill me with many different shades of "stay away! stay away!"

I think when my Big Box of awesome arrives, Mr. GW might have a change of heart. So far he's only seen a few skeletons with wobbly weapons and a coupla kobolds.

When the new stuff crashes down the door like Kool-Aid man hunting for thirsty kids . . . that's going to be something altogether different.

• Like 6

Heh heh- since it's Valentine's Day, here's a fun twist: I've decided it's time to let GW know my life is moving in a different direction. We've had good times, rough patches, makeup painting sessions, and spent lots of money trying to impress each other. It's just not working out. GW, I'm just not that into you. You've been such a good friend; been there for me when I needed elves and space marines in my life, but I just can't see this relationship going anywhere. I just don't feel like you listen to me anymore. I've changed over the years, and I just don't feel like you're willing to change with me. I've also met this really nice RM. RM really understands me. RM has paint that doesn't dry out, can you imagine that! GW, it's not you, it's me. I am a fickle female gamer, not in your demographic anyway. I know you'll meet the right customer someday, don't worry. You can do so much better than me. I'll always remember the good times.

Happy Valentine's Day, Reaper! :wub:

This post just made my day so much better. Thanks for the LOL.

• Like 1

That depends on if the stuff you have in the garage is metal. I suspect that at least some of the metal stuff could generate some serious money.

• Like 2

BTW: bile = pile

serves me right for being too lazy to just boot up my computer instead of using my phone.

That depends on if the stuff you have in the garage is metal. I suspect that at least some of the metal stuff could generate some serious money.

I sold/traded the majority of my metal already and actually turned a profit. 90% of what I have left that's not painted, converted, or primed is all plastic. Plus a couple of large FW kits.

At this point, sell off anything (metal) that GW has discontinued and switched to finecast. My understanding is once a model is released in FC, the metal prices at auctions increase siginificantly.

• Like 1

At this point, sell off anything (metal) that GW has discontinued and switched to finecast. My understanding is once a model is released in FC, the metal prices at auctions increase siginificantly.

This is more or less the case. I saw a half squad box of Legion of the Damned go for as much as $75.

Oh, yeah. I plan on selling off all of my old OOP Imperial Guard... Valhallans (not Vostroyans!), Steel Legion, those British lookin' guys... I just have to sort them all out, and give my wife the eBay list.

• Like 1

I might as well add my little bit about the EE, I remember a few years ago when I wanted to get into 40k they had a box set for certain models of the eldar and after looking at the price and comparing to buying the models peice meal it was actually cheaper to buy them all separate. And this was still before the fail cast era. But now I still have a hard time to even look at their models with their current pricing, my FLGS has bilbo/gollum blister and the price of that in fail cast was $40. Seeing extream pricing like that makes me just cringe and say how can anyone willingly pay that kind of pricing and know that every year that will just keep going up.

I would just like to point out it is also very common for people to look at history and ignore everything that they are doing that has failed before and just look at the one time out of ten and think that they will be different and make it. People learn from mistakes but once there is money involved it seems like that makes them forget everything else and only see what is best for their greed. That is kind of the reason that I am currently looking for different games to play beyond the EE. If companies insist on killing themselves why should I stand in there way instead of moving off to the side and waving farewell and hope they don't take out too many people with them. In this case customers.

• Like 1