Evil Empire has Evil Customer Service - Surprised?

Bruunwald

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not much of a fan of the game because I hate how all the games, outside of small ones, turn into some silly civil war reenactment as the purpose is to kill one mini only so it quickly becomes a football skirmish line. I like a lot of the setting and base rule mechanics but have never seen a regular sized game that isn't boring as all get.

maybe other play styles, like campaigns or king of the hill would be more fun, but none of my friends play those.

I'm not much of a fan of the game because I hate how all the games, outside of small ones, turn into some silly civil war reenactment as the purpose is to kill one mini only so it quickly becomes a football skirmish line. I like a lot of the setting and base rule mechanics but have never seen a regular sized game that isn't boring as all get.

maybe other play styles, like campaigns or king of the hill would be more fun, but none of my friends play those.

So The game is great when you're not stuck playing the basic book mission setups. I also think the fact that everyone plays at 1850-2000 points all the time is killing the game. Playing at 1000 points the game gets interesting and challenging instead of being glorified Rock Paper Scissors. Also playing the game with walkways and more terrain the game changes for the better.

That's Hordes/ Warmachine which is quite fun and easy to learn. Really fun.

Depends on your defination of fun. I would rather have teeth pulled with no painkiller than play that again.

Agreed. Plus IMHO the minis look awful. Like they decided they'd out-compete GW with OTT ridiculousness, and took it to 11. Also doesn't help that I have a long-standing aversion to Magepunk/Steampunk as well.

Different strokes for different folks though, and all that.

Damon.

I have yet to go in the 1000 pt games for Hordes but I am a big fan of the smaller skirmish games. I'll agree that the basic kill the caster/warlock games can be a bit boring, the scenario based games are fun.

Still it's not for everyone. I personally don't like WH40K, because I get bored of staring at the same space marines in every area I've tried to play it.

I'm a fan of kill-the-caster in 15- and 25-point games of Warmahordes, but scenario play is a better way to go if you get much larger.

On the whole, I like the gameplay, I like the flexibility of tactics within factions, and I love the models for PrivPress' games. As said, of course, YMMV.

Interesting thought on the potential for a sale. The one guy continually bleating about no announcement being and that its a public company obviously doesn't have a clue though. Public company can certainly go through a private sale and control depending on how the shares are controlled. I personally don't think its going to happen but its interesting to think about.

I agree about the guy not having a clue. I work for a company that was bought by a much larger company and all the paperwork was finished and signed before they announced it to us and everyone. The only thing they had to wait on was government approval.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and flame the crazy rumor mill by saying that Mantic bought them.

• Like 2