Evil Empire has Evil Customer Service - Surprised?

Bruunwald

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should start a rumor that Reaper is buying out GW, and the next incarnation of WH40K will use the R.A.G.E. system

THIS actually sounds like fun!! Someone needs to start converting existing codexes asap.

• Like 3

What are the Finecast molds made from? Just the same as they were for metal?

No they are not the same as the metal molds. It's still a rubber compound, but the mold material is different, probably a room-temp vulcanizing casting rubber (I've found bits of it on some of my FC models).similar to what is used by Forgeworld and other resin casters.

Damon.

• Like 1

I know this is going back a few pages, but I wanted to touch on the pricing issue. As pointed out, it's not so much that a Space Marine general is $18 - it's that to build an army that you could field, you're out at least $500-$600. Oh, and the RULEBOOK is $100. And don't forget the army book that you need to build your army ($40).

Also, GW benefits from scale.

Kingdom Death is ONE guy. Yeah, he contracts a lot of the sculpting and casting work out, but his minis are so much better than GW minis (aesthetic concerns aside)in terms of casting quality and overall detail, it's worth the premium. And they're resin. GW charges outrageous prices for plastic. There's no excuse for that, other than that they can.

• Like 1

One of the store clerks told me that the price of the books was to encourage sales of their starter kits. It makes some sense though, when you look at an 80 to 100 dollar rule book and see that for a little more you get the full rules, two full armies, and some extras.

No argument that it is very pricey. I did manage to get my hands on a White Speaker from Kingdom Death and the quality is amazing. Even compared to a company like GW that has access to more resources. Smaller companies are on the rise and sooner or later GW is going to have to acknowledge that.

Good thing Reaper delivers excellent products at fair prices, otherwise they'd be in the same boat.