So this is my first attempt at painting a miniature and just wanted to get some feedback. It's not completed yet as I'm waiting for a new triad to come in. I haven't spent any money on miniatures but a buddy of mine gave me a couple from his stockpile, this one caught my eye. I just wanted to paint so i haven't looked up any photo references or anything so the color scheme is completely different than it is supposed to be.

I don't play 40K, at least not yet, playing with minis is getting me interested.

Took these pics with my phone and it made me realize i should probably set up some sort of light box or something as the current lighting probably makes the colors look off. With a box i can use the nikon for some better pics...

post-7704-0-64737300-1342838011_thumb.jpg

post-7704-0-46707100-1342838016_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for a first attempt, much better than mine in 85, I used enamel model paint, a cheap model paint brush, and it was AWFUL. I would tell you to keep up on the tips and tricks forums, and keep painting, you get better and better with each mini you paint!

Not bad for a first attempt, much better than mine in 85, I used enamel model paint, a cheap model paint brush, and it was AWFUL. I would tell you to keep up on the tips and tricks forums, and keep painting, you get better and better with each mini you paint!

Thanks. I've been reading the forums a bit as well as checking out various galleries... some of what I've seen is just amazing... let alone taking into account the scale...

Forgot to follow this up in case anyone was interested, not sure im a fan of using so many metallic paints on one subject.. or maybe i should have gone with a a more tarnished look for the bright parts... but hey... he is the champion...I've also completed a few minis since this one and ill post them in a different thread for C/C

post-7704-0-61991700-1344889476_thumb.jpg

post-7704-0-19507500-1344889499_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I've been reading the forums a bit as well as checking out various galleries... some of what I've seen is just amazing... let alone taking into account the scale...

When I started out, I didn't even use a brush. I used a sewing pin and paint from the bottle cap. If this link works, you can marvel at the dubious excellence of my pinpainted Kitiara.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45201-a-few-of-my-pc-minis/page__view__findpost__p__623593

When I started out, I didn't even use a brush. I used a sewing pin and paint from the bottle cap. If this link works, you can marvel at the dubious excellence of my pinpainted Kitiara.

http://www.reapermin...post__p__623593

great info, thanks... this made me laugh

"I'm a wizard, baby, that's why all the girls love me."