Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

IMEF Marines!? This keeps getting better and better. Hmm my space marines are getting some allies. :devil:

Bryan I completely get where you're coming from. However when I read your post I said to myself, "Perhaps he needs more coffee before he deals with todays load of cow manure." Yes I do think people are being a touch unreasonable because this is stuff they didn't have yesterday.

For those who are hating on the Chronoscope stuff feel free to send it to me. No I'm not trading for it but I'll be a repository of getting it off your hands. ::):

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My calm, cool, and collected have gone out the window. There's SO MUCH coming already, and I haven't even added to my pledge yet.

As seven years of posting have shown, I'm not the swiftest cat, even on a good day, so I'm going to touch base with my conspirator/friend and figure out how much to just lump on top of the pledge for all of the goodies we can get.

Lid done been flipped.

To those that say the project is titled Dark heaven Bones, the project is in fact titled:

Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures

I'm pretty much in the camp of "everything that gets added after my initial pledge is gravy", so i hope my Chronoscope comment didn't come across as actual criticism. Personally, there's very little you could do at this point to make me unhappy about my investment in this project.

But, as Baphomet69 said, some people might have read more into the "Dark Heaven" text in the Kickstarter logo than was intended. When you open the Kickstarter page, the first thing you're likely to notice is the big video which reads "Dark Heaven Bones". Perhaps you should consider switching the logo for future updates to read "Reaper Bones" instead? Not because I think the logo should obligate you to anything specific, but just for the sake of your blood pressure. :;):

That being said, anybody giving you a hard time or ranting about getting a bunch of free stuff should really step back and take a long hard look at what the heck they're saying, because it comes off pretty self-entitled and disrespectful. I don't think it's representative of how most of us feel.

P.S. Thanks for all the work you've done on this project, Bryan. I appreciate it and I'm certain most others here do too.

Thanks. And I'm not trying to give anybody a hard time.

No worries. After everything joshua Slater's said about me, i still like him, too, so you;re not likely to perma-offend me. ;)

Right Joshua?

Do we know the price point in Bones some of this will hit the game store at when it makes it into production? I really want the giants and dragons - just curious if there is a ball park on what they will cost. I would love to just increase my pledge, but that cannot happen with GenCon right here.

We touched on that about 80 pages ago. :rolleyes: (Can't believe how long this thread is now.) Ont he high end, Ebonwrath is projected to cost around $19.99 to $24.99 MSRP; but they aren't sure yet. That should give you a ball park for the other big ones. The KS prices for the add ons seem to be about half what they will cost at retail.

Andy

Lovecraftian love. ^_^

The eldritch demon is on my top 10 "wants".

Oh and I think baphomet69 got it right touching on the title of the introduction video which states "Dark Heaven Bones" as a source of confusion that could arise.

To those that say the project is titled Dark heaven Bones, the project is in fact titled:

I'm pretty much in the camp of "everything that gets added after my initial pledge is gravy", so i hope my Chronoscope comment didn't come across as actual criticism. Personally, there's very little you could do at this point to make me unhappy about my investment in this project.

That being said, anybody giving you a hard time or ranting about getting a bunch of free stuff should really step back and take a long hard look at what the heck they're saying, because it comes off pretty self-entitled and disrespectful. I don't think it's representative of how most of us feel.

P.S. Thanks for all the work you've done on this project, Bryan. I appreciate it and I'm certain most others here do too.

Word!

This.

And I don't think anyone are really complaining per se. I mean, everyone is quite ecstatic about what we have so far and it's the best run KS I've seen to date.

On the other hand, I don't see what's wrong with being a tad disappointed over sci-fi when what you wanted was fantasy. Yes it's free and yes it's awesome, but if what you want is not what you get, it is disappointing, no matter the cost (or lack thereof).

Again, I don't think you should pay it any mind, we have enough fantasy stuff in Vampire now to run a gazillion campaigns. Besides the sci-fi stuff seems to have lured several new backers out of the woodwork, so keep at it!

Again, I don't think you should pay it any mind, we have enough fantasy stuff in Vampire now to run a gazillion campaigns. Besides the sci-fi stuff seems to have lured several new backers out of the woodwork, so keep at it!

This. Also this is all gravy for me so either I'm choosing to be all Price is Right mauling Bob Barker excited at every reveal. Bryan if I can get away for ArtistCon I'm so bringing you my homemade wings. Oh yeah!

It would definitely clear things up to change the banner logo in the top of the forums to remove the "dark Haven" bit.

That said, I'm thrilled about the Chronoscope figs. I'm especially glad that they are available as upgrade sets. I'm splitting with a group, but will definitely be picking up the IMEF upgrade to ensure that I get them all.

But, as Baphomet69 said, some people might have read more into the "Dark Heaven" text in the Kickstarter logo than was intended. When you open the Kickstarter page, the first thing you're likely to notice is the big video which reads "Dark Heaven Bones". Perhaps you should consider switching the logo for future updates to read "Reaper Bones" instead? Not because I think the logo should obligate you to anything specific, but just for the sake of your blood pressure. :;):

Thanks. And I'm not trying to give anybody a hard time.

No worries. After everything joshua Slater's said about me, i still like him, too, so you;re not likely to perma-offend me. ;)

Right Joshua?

Considering I call you everything but a human being on frothers, it's remarkable!! I bust your chops only because I am a Reaper fanboy. With all the dosh I've handed you, I can indulge myself some frivolity on the internet.

Keep cool everyone. The "tentacle dance" is latest trend. I'm doing it right now on my lunchbreak.

Keep cool everyone. The "tentacle dance" is latest trend. I'm doing it right now on my lunchbreak.

I'm pretty sure that buglips is featured in a gaga video doing this dance.

I thought I could resist but then I just got on the roller coaster. Feels great.

And I don't think anyone are really complaining per se. I mean, everyone is quite ecstatic about what we have so far and it's the best run KS I've seen to date.

On the other hand, I don't see what's wrong with being a tad disappointed over sci-fi when what you wanted was fantasy.

I disagree. I agree that there is nothing wrong with expressing disappointment over a particular stretch goal not being what you'd hoped for. However, when someone mopes that "this KS project isn't worth it because I'm not getting exactly what I want", then I take issue. The Vampire pledge was a nice deal at the start, and has only gotten better and better as things have gone on. Personally, I'm glad that I don't want every single thing that has shown up along the way; my wallet can't take that kind of mugging right now. Expecting Reaper to do more for you (and that's the generic you, not you specifically) just because some of the free figures aren't exactly what you wanted smacks of entitlement and self-centeredness. Reaper is making an effort to please as many people as possible, to get as many people as possible involved. The bottom line there will benefit all of us, not just the people that like fantasy, or just the people that want big monsters, or just player characters.

It would definitely clear things up to change the banner logo in the top of the forums to remove the "dark Haven" bit.

I hope this is a typo, but since I see/hear it so often, I'm going to call it out for its irony:

<no malice>

It's "Dark Heaven" not "Dark Haven". If you are going to pick on Reaper about the Bones logo including those words, please get the name right. :;):

</no malice>

~v

• Like 1