Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

I agree that the complaints strike me as ridiculous, too. Complaining about free stuff just doesn't make sense to me. I'm totally fine with anything Reaper wants to give me for free and if I don't like it, then I'll just trade it or give it away. I agree with Shakandara's statement above.

I am still in awe at how the numbers or flying upward. I'm also loving how the first crypt reveal was a combination free and paid option- I really hope that's the start of a trend for inside the crypt. Every time I think that this has gotten as good as it can, I am proven wrong in a big way.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't think anyone are really complaining per se. I mean, everyone is quite ecstatic about what we have so far and it's the best run KS I've seen to date.

On the other hand, I don't see what's wrong with being a tad disappointed over sci-fi when what you wanted was fantasy.

I disagree. I agree that there is nothing wrong with expressing disappointment over a particular stretch goal not being what you'd hoped for. However, when someone mopes that "this KS project isn't worth it because I'm not getting exactly what I want", then I take issue.

Well, definitely! Like I said, if it stopped now, we have gotten so much more than our moneys worth it's not even funny. To complain about the whole shebang is on the verge of insanity.

But I haven't seen anyone say anything quite to that effect yet, just other people trying to construe their negative comments on chronoscope as such. All I've honestly seen is people being kinda "meh" towards chronoscope, and that has to be alright all things considered. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. Whatever, water under the bridge, the KS moves on. WEEE!

Let's do a little math.

When I first found out about this Kickstarter at the Vampire level, not purchasing any options, you could only get the Bones, Dungeon Attack, Sophie, Fighters, and Undead Horde.

At the $100 price tag that came out to ~ $1.30 per mini.

That was already an incredible deal. The only comparable deal I can think of for the sheer number of miniatures was the GW Assault on Black Reach box abotu 4 or 5 years ago before all of their crazy price increases. That was a few fewer minis for ~$1.50 per piece- and that was at discount internet prices.

Now we have a total of 117 miniatures included in the Vampire level.

This comes out to an unbelievable $0.85 per miniature. There is no comparable deal anywhere out there in the retail market for Fantasy miniature- at least not anything that comes up to Reaper's quality.

If we unlock the Chronoscope and IMEF miniatures, which I believe is possible, then we would be up to 134 miniatures.

That's $0.75 per miniature.

No matter how you feel about Chronoscope you cannot deny that this is an incredible deal. And that's the entire point- it's an unheard of value! If you feel like Chronoscape's addition kills the value of this kickstarter for you, then you're missing the point- you're still getting all of the DH mini's at $0.85 each (if you pretend like Chronoscape doesn't exist).

If you like what we're currently getting, then pledge and help push us on to other goals that might be something else you want. You would be helping out those people who really do want the Chronoscope minis and, as has been said many times before, you can always trade them for more DH or whatever anyone else is willing to trade for. Or you could sell them.

• Like 1

Dang Bryan just bite my head off why don't ya... :huh:

I was just going off what I read in past posts and the title as presented in the video and kickstarter. I cannot remember which Reaper staff said so, might have been Kit, but that person mentioned it being a DHL Bones kickstarter. I'm glad to see other things being made into bones like Chronoscope and more Warlord. I was just asking a question based on what I had seen.

BTW, I just want to say how awesome every goal is for my gaming group and myself. I play World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, and D&D. I have a place in my heart for every. single. one...and the ones I don't? Well, I'm already building a campaign around that enormous undead giant. I loved Reaper before this Kickstarter, and now I've entered "sycophantic fan girl" territory. You guys are a great company, doing great things.

Sorry for the brusque tone, Mike, but I've seen people say that, and it's just patently untrue. We have never lied to anybody about the contents of this project, and we aren't doing so now. Frankly, I'm bothered by the implication, as we''ve been incredibly honest and open about our planning, our finacing, why the levels are what they are, etc. To suggest that we lied to people up front hurts.

mind you, I'm also baffled at the anti-Chrono crowd's reaction. When they signed up, it was for less than 127 figures - as high as 117, but less than 127. we increased that number, without taking anything away. They get everything they were promised and more. I see it as complaining that the car you just bought also comes with a new bicycle...

Hey, now. I have a durn good right to complain!

With Chrono Bones, you made me fall in love with a cyber-monkey. And not the good kind that I read about in underground A.I. forums.

And that means I'm gonna have a taste for sci-fi, and that means $800-$1000 for IWM Shadowrun, and $800-$1000 for Pulp Figures, PLUS my normal spending.

* holds up cat *

Look at my precious Emergency Rations. So skinny! You wanna talk Bones, let's talk Bones! You can see hers!

You . . . you and you unmitigated tyranny of plastic have corrupted me and driven me to the edge of madness and beyond. Now I'm obsessed. All I can think about are Bones, and all those other miniatures I had an excuse to avoid.

Well . . . that and sweet cyber-monkey love.

Mr. Cyborg monkey?

Hold me close and let's dance.

Typo trolling Vince? :poke:

Yeah, I know. I should be ashamed. I try not to be a spelling/grammar nazi (we all make typos - I should know, I correct my fare share of my own!), but for how often I hear people call it the "Dark Haven" line, I wasn't so sure that one was a typo. And more to the point, the irony of calling the line by the wrong name in a post about things being labelled in a confusing/ambiguous manner just begged to be called out. All in good fun, however. It's pretty hard not to enjoy this ride, regardless of what goes on around it. I am happy for Reaper that the KS project is so successful. I am thrilled for the fans that have been validated in their pleas for more Bones. I am positively tickled pink that it has caused long time metal snobs like Buglips (hey, I mean that in the nicest way) to re-evaluate their stance on plastic minis. And I think it is fantastic that Reaper has provided options for both fans and retailers to be involved together. And finally, I think it is cool that the fans have started to work out ways to help each other maximize their pledge dollars by trading figures they don't want/need for figures that others do, and vice versa.

It's been a good month to be a fan of Reaper.

~v

edited for typos (what else? lol)

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 1

Every reveal just makes me love Bones more. Even when at first I don't think so.

Like yesterday.

Which our studio writers have dramatized as follows:

Darkly Sexy Femme Fatale (pointing gun at me while I cling to gargoyle on rooftop): "Zis is ze end for you, docteur booglips. Now, give me ze formula."

* phone rings *

Me: "Hang a on a second there, sister. I got an update coming through about Reaper Bones. By the way, are you French or German? Can't quite make it out."

Darkly Sexy Femme Fatale: "Zat is not me, zat is limits of your imagination."

Me: "Oh. Right, then. Sorry."

* checks Bones *

Me: "The crypt is revealed!"

DSFF (looking over my shoulder): "Ze crypt?"

Me: "Yeah, and . . . oh. It's Chronoscope. I don't like those."

DSFF: "Too bad for you, docteur booglips." (points gun at me) "Shall ve get back to ze bizness at hand?"

Me: "Sure. You seem to have me at a disadvantage, Viscountess Elbarasenda, but there's one thing you don't know."

DSFF: "And vat is zat, hmm?"

Me: "I don't like Chrono bones . . . "

* sound like whistling bomb *

Me: "But I LOVE that cyber-monkey!"

* Ape-x lands next to DSFF and slaps gun from hand, then holds her tight so she can't escape *

Me: "Apey? You all right."

* thumbs up *

Then there was, like a helicopter car chase thing over rooftops, but you don't want to hear about that boring stuff.

30 new models and 29 "old" ones. 4 of each model. Some will be in weird packs to make that happen instead of the normal way they get packaged now. Some we don't know how they are going to be packed for normal production yet as we don't have pricing. But, you will get the 30 new ones and the 29 "old" ones.

Plus the 2 each of stretch goals that apply to the Undertaker Level. That's about the best I can describe it.

I'm still trying to get a definition of what a "model" is regarding items (such as goblins, rats, kobolds, etc) which normally come in a multi-pack.

Is a "model" one sprue of multiple, different miniature sculpts or simply a single figure?

Example: does the "model" from the Kickstarter undertaker pledge level which corresponds to the retail sku "77016 rats" come with a sprue of the three different rat models, a sprue of all six rats that normally come in 77016 or simply a single rat miniature (of the three different types) period?

Also, do the miniatures from the Vampire pledge level come in retail type packaging or are they going to be shipped loose?

At this point I am trying to determine if adding Vampire levels to our existing undertaker pledge is a viable option for a retailer.

I am positively tickled pink that it has caused long time metal snobs like Buglips (hey, I mean that in the nicest way) to re-evaluate their stance on plastic minis.

Well, I am still a metal snob - but it's all in how you look at it.

Anything going into my collection must still be pure metal. I might make a few exceptions for some of the top Chronos who have plastic bases.

But, see, metal got so expensive. And not Reaper, that stuff is cheap compared to some of what I buy. I mean, I'm regularly paying an average of $30 a blister for old Ral Partha TSR - and sometimes a great deal more than that. So the result of this is that while I have a ton of miniatures, I'm loathe to let more than a handful see any use at all. So I'm in a situation where I have all the minis we need, but we're still using bottle caps and plastic soldiers. The metals are just too precious.

Bones lets me get back to gaming with figures. $40 and I can field 60 Kobolds at retail. It's not likely Bones will ever earn shelf privileges, but they don't have to. They're bodyguards for my metals. They're my grunts.

Bones are an absolutely brilliant ancillary line.

• Like 3

30 new models and 29 "old" ones. 4 of each model. Some will be in weird packs to make that happen instead of the normal way they get packaged now. Some we don't know how they are going to be packed for normal production yet as we don't have pricing. But, you will get the 30 new ones and the 29 "old" ones.

Plus the 2 each of stretch goals that apply to the Undertaker Level. That's about the best I can describe it.

I'm still trying to get a definition of what a "model" is regarding items (such as goblins, rats, kobolds, etc) which normally come in a multi-pack.

Is a "model" one sprue of multiple, different miniature sculpts or simply a single figure?

The answer has been given here. The sprue of Kobolds/Rats counts as a "model". Yes there are 59 models planned. Somewhere burried deep at the start of this thread they have all been spelled out.

--Edited for link and accuracy

Edited by psyberwolfe1