Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 new models and 29 "old" ones. 4 of each model. Some will be in weird packs to make that happen instead of the normal way they get packaged now. Some we don't know how they are going to be packed for normal production yet as we don't have pricing. But, you will get the 30 new ones and the 29 "old" ones.

Plus the 2 each of stretch goals that apply to the Undertaker Level. That's about the best I can describe it.

I'm still trying to get a definition of what a "model" is regarding items (such as goblins, rats, kobolds, etc) which normally come in a multi-pack.

Is a "model" one sprue of multiple, different miniature sculpts or simply a single figure?

The answer has been given here. The sprue of Kobolds/Rats counts as a "model". Yes there are 59 models planned. Somewhere burried deep at the start of this thread they have all been spelled out.

--Edited for link and accuracy

EXCEPT That does not actually answer the question: does a sprue of rats consists of three (or six figures as would normally be in the standard pack).

The problem is that when currently ordering Bones from a retailer's standpoint Reaper uses the term "Model" to refer to the standard package of figures.

Example: A retail Rack order for the Bones line states in the description: "4 each of 12 models" where the word "model" refers to the full package of miniatures. So you can see how using similar terminology in the Undertaker pledge level (explicitly stated as for retailers) however potentially meaning something entirely different than how it has been utilized before; can be extremely confusing from an ordering standpoint.

Also, I still need to know if the miniatures from the Vampire pledge levels will be shipped in retail style packaging, loose, or in some other manner so as to determine if it would make sense as a retailer to order those as well.

EXCEPT That does not actually answer the question: does a sprue of rats consists of three (or six figures as would normally be in the standard pack).

EXCEPT it did answer it if you can count. Also they've stated that packages are not going to be the standard blister loadouts. They have specifically stated no you aren't getting 4 blisters of three skellies. You're getting 4 skellies not 12.

They have also stated in this thread they are still not sure how they are going to package Vampire pledges. (I'm not digging for that post.) So I would hazard that additional Vampire level pledges are probably not a good option for retailers.

I appologize for being somewhat ascerbic but your questions have been answered. You just need to search for them or re-read the entire thread.

Still a metal snob here too. But at least now my kids will be able to "paint" a mini or two (though my older son is getting pretty good...still). The old, "Don't touch my minis or you'll get lead poisoning" line isn't working as well these days. I think they are starting to see through it. I was considering spritzing my minis with some sort of girly smelling perfume to repel them, but now Bones are here and I can get lots of them. I'll arrange the bones around my babies like an honor guard. It'll be perfect.

<me going to my box of shame> "Yes my prettys, daddy won't let them touch you. Soon you won't have to worry about them touching you. They can have the Bones I says, yess my precious...."

I am positively tickled pink that it has caused long time metal snobs like Buglips (hey, I mean that in the nicest way) to re-evaluate their stance on plastic minis.

Well, I am still a metal snob - but it's all in how you look at it.

Anything going into my collection must still be pure metal. I might make a few exceptions for some of the top Chronos who have plastic bases.

But, see, metal got so expensive. And not Reaper, that stuff is cheap compared to some of what I buy. I mean, I'm regularly paying an average of $30 a blister for old Ral Partha TSR - and sometimes a great deal more than that. So the result of this is that while I have a ton of miniatures, I'm loathe to let more than a handful see any use at all. So I'm in a situation where I have all the minis we need, but we're still using bottle caps and plastic soldiers. The metals are just too precious.

Bones lets me get back to gaming with figures. $40 and I can field 60 Kobolds at retail. It's not likely Bones will ever earn shelf privileges, but they don't have to. They're bodyguards for my metals. They're my grunts.

Bones are an absolutely brilliant ancillary line.

Metal Snob High Five!

Bones have honestly increased how many minis I buy, as they fill very specific and important niches in my pile: the things that I need a mess of [zombies, orcs, goblins, etc], things that are going to take a beating on the table [my gaming group likes to flick dead things over, and every time they do it to one of my metals my right eye twitches...doubly so if I have to touch up the paint], and things I can't justify the price of to buy in metal [up yours, Indonesia]. I still prefer the feel of metal, but since my first hands-on in late May, I won't think twice about picking a Bones.

You can have my metal when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers...but on the other hand the downsides to metal in the here and now [up yours, Indonesia] are no longer holding me back.

• Like 1

EXCEPT it did answer it if you can count. Also they've stated that packages are not going to be the standard blister loadouts. They have specifically stated no you aren't getting 4 blisters of three skellies. You're getting 4 skellies not 12.

They have also stated in this thread they are still not sure how they are going to package Vampire pledges. (I'm not digging for that post.) So I would hazard that additional Vampire level pledges are probably not a good option for retailers.

I appologize for being somewhat ascerbic but your questions have been answered. You just need to search for them or re-read the entire thread.

No offense either but perhaps you should just let someone from Reaper actual answer the questions.

Try to look at this from our point of view. As a retailer, we are looking at potentially spending $600-1200 on what is basically an order for product and these are questions which should both have fairly clear answers as well as be easy to locate rather than to require reading hundreds of pages of random forum posts in order to obtain clues as to what each pledge level actually entails.

Perhaps a Reaper rep could create a specific post regarding the answers to these questions and stick it to the top of the forum for easy access through the Kickstarter drive?

• Like 2

I am positively tickled pink that it has caused long time metal snobs like Buglips (hey, I mean that in the nicest way) to re-evaluate their stance on plastic minis.

Well, I am still a metal snob - but it's all in how you look at it.

Anything going into my collection must still be pure metal. I might make a few exceptions for some of the top Chronos who have plastic bases.

But, see, metal got so expensive. And not Reaper, that stuff is cheap compared to some of what I buy. I mean, I'm regularly paying an average of $30 a blister for old Ral Partha TSR - and sometimes a great deal more than that. So the result of this is that while I have a ton of miniatures, I'm loathe to let more than a handful see any use at all. So I'm in a situation where I have all the minis we need, but we're still using bottle caps and plastic soldiers. The metals are just too precious.

Bones lets me get back to gaming with figures. $40 and I can field 60 Kobolds at retail. It's not likely Bones will ever earn shelf privileges, but they don't have to. They're bodyguards for my metals. They're my grunts.

Bones are an absolutely brilliant ancillary line.

Metal Snob High Five!

Bones have honestly increased how many minis I buy, as they fill very specific and important niches in my pile: the things that I need a mess of [zombies, orcs, goblins, etc], things that are going to take a beating on the table [my gaming group likes to flick dead things over, and every time they do it to one of my metals my right eye twitches...doubly so if I have to touch up the paint],

My players have come to realize that doing that to the minis is pretty much akin to saying, "hey Andy, can you put an Epic level curse on my character?" At least for the duration of that gaming session anyway. :devil:

A sticky is a good idea.

My players have come to realize that doing that to the minis is pretty much akin to saying, "hey Andy, can you put an Epic level curse on my character?" At least for the duration of that gaming session anyway. :devil:

My players - claw, stumpy, cantpickhisnose, and nubs have learned that I'm not afraid to extract a toll of digits if said digits cannot control themselves.

You want something you can move and knock over?

* chop *

"AAAUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Here, now you can fight Jimmy's finger.

* puts it on hex board *

No offense either but perhaps you should just let someone from Reaper actual answer the questions.

Try to look at this from our point of view. As a retailer, we are looking at potentially spending $600-1200 on what is basically an order for product and these are questions which should both have fairly clear answers as well as be easy to locate rather than to require reading hundreds of pages of random forum posts in order to obtain clues as to what each pledge level actually entails.

Perhaps a Reaper rep could create a specific post regarding the answers to these questions and stick it to the top of the forum for easy access through the Kickstarter drive?

However they have answered it; more than once. In fact in response to you. But since you want answers in the form of a contract I would try PMing ReaperBryan or Kit with your questions.

I think they just haven't answered because they're not really sure what kind of packaging they're going to use for Vampire and Undertaker. They'll probably have to use blisters for Undertakers that request the signage, but others may end up with baggies. Packaging is rather costly (probably moreso than the minis themselves!).

I think they just haven't answered because they're not really sure what kind of packaging they're going to use for Vampire and Undertaker. They'll probably have to use blisters for Undertakers that request the signage, but others may end up with baggies. Packaging is rather costly (probably moreso than the minis themselves!).

Which may well be true, however from a small business standpoint it is difficult to commit moderately significant amounts of capital towards an order that we will not be receiving for roughly eight months but that also has a considerable number of factors which are still relatively undefined.

Looking at the Kickstarter stats, almost $28,000 worth of "retail" orders have currently been placed which I would think should be substantial enough of a figure for the folks at Reaper to be willing to sit down for a few hours and come up with a clear cut set of definitions as to exactly what that specific pledge level entails as well as to post a reasonably easy to find FAQ style thread which would explain it.

Doing so, would certainly help retailers such as myself who are on the fence make our decisions as to how we should pledge our support.

Go all in for like 10 vampire with all bonuses, then just put them all in a big bucket at your store and sell them for 2$ a pop :P

You could start a new trend, the bucket'o minis!

But yeah, I'll be quiet now. Hope you get your answer.