Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

There's a whole section for Retailers to contact Reaper from the main site.

My partner in my own miniatures venture remembers stocking Reaper at Chessex when Ral Partha was still around. Reaper has an insanely good track record for retailers, and will take care of you personally if you so desire.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be even more scary than a cyborg ape?

A cyborg chimp!

Not only would it take at least 15 minutes to kill a player, but they would be left with no face, no hands, no feet, no privates, and also no butt.

Now that's scary. :blink:

(I watched a Monster Quest show about chimps and now I would rather run into any other type of animal in the wild than a chimp, including bears, crocodiles, and deadly venomous snakes).

I am positively tickled pink that it has caused long time metal snobs like Buglips (hey, I mean that in the nicest way) to re-evaluate their stance on plastic minis.

Well, I am still a metal snob - but it's all in how you look at it.

Anything going into my collection must still be pure metal. I might make a few exceptions for some of the top Chronos who have plastic bases.

But, see, metal got so expensive. And not Reaper, that stuff is cheap compared to some of what I buy. I mean, I'm regularly paying an average of $30 a blister for old Ral Partha TSR - and sometimes a great deal more than that. So the result of this is that while I have a ton of miniatures, I'm loathe to let more than a handful see any use at all. So I'm in a situation where I have all the minis we need, but we're still using bottle caps and plastic soldiers. The metals are just too precious.

Bones lets me get back to gaming with figures. $40 and I can field 60 Kobolds at retail. It's not likely Bones will ever earn shelf privileges, but they don't have to. They're bodyguards for my metals. They're my grunts.

Bones are an absolutely brilliant ancillary line.

EXACTLY!

I have used cardstock and paper standees and terrain for much the same reason.

I will also note that I rather expect that the plastic dragons will be less fragile - which means that I am more likely to bring them along to terrify my players.... :devil: Gauth eats no PCs while he hides, safe and secure, behind my computer.

The Auld Grump, and Gauth gets so hungry back there....

I once had a player whose 1st level halfling thief got into a fight with a housecat.

The cat rolled like 5 natural 20's.

Since he hadn't told the party that he was sneaking off to do some stealin, he was never seen again.

Think that's bad?

I had a player once who's character almost got killed by four rats.

Regular rats..

The character was 5th level at the time.

:blink:

In regards to the Dark Heaven Bones controversy - the name Dark Heaven Bones is the biggest lettering on the introductory video.... Folks do have a reason for thinking that.

However, I just wave my hand and tell myself that the initial Goal was for just that - and Stretch Goals changing course over the campaign is to be expected.

Then I go to the forums that I frequent and tell folks 'Reaper has added Chronoscope to their Bones Kickstarter! Go get em!' with great fanfare and enthusiasm. ::P: On a Spycraft forum, on a paper terrain forum, on a Fallout forum, on a webcomic forum.... I cannot even pretend to be in any way offended by the Chronoscope material being added - I want as many reasons for as many people to Pledge as I can find!

The Auld Grump

I once had a player whose 1st level halfling thief got into a fight with a housecat.

The cat rolled like 5 natural 20's.

Since he hadn't told the party that he was sneaking off to do some stealin, he was never seen again.

Think that's bad?

I had a player once who's character almost got killed by four rats.

Regular rats..

The character was 5th level at the time.

:blink:

I was playing a Paladin of Tyr once, and we were fighting some low-level bugs. No threat to me at all.

Roll a 1. Critical miss.

Roll dex check to keep sword. 20. Critical fail.

Recover weapon. Attack bug.

Dex check.

Recover weapon. Attack bug.

Dex check.

Forget about sword, switch to club.

Dex check.

Get carried off by bug to be eaten, cry out to party: "Do not mourn for me, t'was the will of the fates!"

I don't really like how badly rolls can go. Maybe it makes for funny stories, but the idea of 3 PC's and 3 villains taking turns trying to hit each other for an eternity sounds pointless to me. If I ever start a tabletop game I'm going to skip the to-hit rolls, use half the max damage and skip the damage rolls, and find some other ways to make the game more interesting. ^_^ Use mana points or skill points or something.

Well in the case of the 5th level character who was taken down to less than 6 HP by four ordinary rats it was honestly his own fault.

First, he fell asleep and they started nibbling on him (doing some minor damage). Then when he woke up and rather than just scaring them off or attacking them with weapons, he grabbed them and kept holding onto them while they continually scratched and bit him repeatedly (he was attempting to carry them over and drop them onto another party member).

He didn't let go of the things until it became clear that his character was bleeding to death from his hands and wrists being so badly torn up.