Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Please in the name of all that is holy let us make it to the Mythos Monsters!
I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter will make it to them. Not sure if the kickstarter will even get CLOSE to the end of this map so it is good to see that these later levels are getting more minis per reward since the rewards are getting spread farther apart.

BTW am I the only cultist who was underwhelmed by the Chronoscope Shoggoth? The big eye looks more like it is caddying around some BBEG's crystal ball. Faceless horror OTOH rocks. The Eldritch Demon makes a fine CAV scale Cthulhu too.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like how badly rolls can go. Maybe it makes for funny stories, but the idea of 3 PC's and 3 villains taking turns trying to hit each other for an eternity sounds pointless to me. If I ever start a tabletop game I'm going to skip the to-hit rolls, use half the max damage and skip the damage rolls, and find some other ways to make the game more interesting. ^_^ Use mana points or skill points or something.

Oh, but when they go good it is EPIC.

I'm playing a Gypsy Thief disguised as a mercenary. She (many of my PC's are girls because 99% of my minis are girls and monsters) has gained renown as a great warrior solely on good rolls. Best fighter in the party, and that includes the 18/xx viking and 18/xx ranger.

Fight some Hobgliders (hobgoblin driders). Ranger gets into trouble. No help nearby. I decide fortune favours the foolish, so I charge uphill at my Hobglider, then use jumping. Perfect roll, land on his head. Stab head, get natural 20. We now use a rule where a 20 can be a free attack or fancy action. Decide to use free attack to make long leap on top of rickety piller. Perfect roll, make the landing. Dex check to stay on rickety pillar at -5. Perfect roll.

Attacked by Stirge. Stirge rolls 1. Free attack for me. Natural 20, another free attack. Look at board, declare I want to leap from the pillar, draw my secondary weapon in mid-air while tumbling, land on hobglider eating ranger and drive both weapons through its brain.

Make all rolls perfect. Natural 20s on both hits.

Ride hobglider corpse to ground, step off, nod and say casually: "Ranger."

Proceed to battle side by side.

• Like 2

For those who don't know what to do with the Chronoscope sci-fi figures, http://www.wargamedo...em.php?item=983 has Blasters and Bulkheads, a pretty quick skrimish level style game.

That's an excellent suggestion. I've got a copy but haven't had a chance to try it yet. A few others. All of these are low model count, warband skirmish games with fast play mechanics and a unit creation feature so you can stat up whatever figs you want.

Free rulesets:

Wastelands Meltdown: Post Apoc warfare. I ran a con game using a modified version of this to play out a Road Warrior'ish Fuel Truck Chase and it was awesome. Handles mad maxish vehicles very well but also can be used for a fallout like campaign or many other post apoc settings.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/4047419/1/

In The Emperor's Name: A modified version of FUBAR rules based around the 40k universe, but an extremely versatile set of rules. We've used it for ALIEN style games and generic sci-fi skirmishes.

http://thegamesshed.wordpress.com/2011/07/02/in-the-emperors-name/

Rulesets for sale

Neutron York. $7

A very tongue in Cheek post apoc ruleset. doesn't do much with vehicles but has some interesting mechanics. A spinoff (with a different rules engine) thematically of the Golgo Island universe

http://ny3k.blogspot.com/p/game.html

Anyone else suspect Kaladrax is hiding in the bone pile before the treasure chest?

I always suspect Kaladrax.

Dice go missing? Probably Kaladrax.

Donuts eaten? Kaladrax.

Get a bunch of CDs and DVDs in the mail you didn't order? Kaladrax.

I swear, can't take your eyes off him for a second.

• Like 3

Having found the Bones Kickstart on its first day, I was in for a Vampire Level, and wondering about that Sophie Set. Everything from then has been GRAVY. The Chronoscope stuff is a great add.

Being a D&D'er since AD&D's release and playing all the Editions in between, I have spent most of my time in the fantasy realms for figs. However, we branched out to Mutants and Masterminds, and Star Wars, Call of Chtulu, Traveler and Others. Those Chronoscope figs will be great.

If you haven't tried other games yet, you haven't played long enough. You can never know what the future will bring. Maybe 2 years from know someone brings a new game to the table and you go wow, I have those Chronoscope minis I thought I would never use. They'll be great for this.

In addition, being a painter I agree with Adrift

I use minis mostly for my dnd games, but the Chronoscope minis are good by me for several reasons. First, I have enough fantasy minis to cover like every scenario. Second, I'm more inclined to include elements of sic-fi like Spelljammer and so on, into my dnd game. Lastly, I like to paint minis and these will definitely keep me from getting bored from painting fantasy minis all the time. It's win-win.

The Chronoscope minis will make for a nice break in painting something different.

I am looking forward with where this Kickstart is going and can't wait for the big payoff in March when I boxes of minis show up. It will be Christmas Morning all over.

• Like 1

Please in the name of all that is holy let us make it to the Mythos Monsters!
I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter will make it to them. Not sure if the kickstarter will even get CLOSE to the end of this map so it is good to see that these later levels are getting more minis per reward since the rewards are getting spread farther apart.

BTW am I the only cultist who was underwhelmed by the Chronoscope Shoggoth? The big eye looks more like it is caddying around some BBEG's crystal ball. Faceless horror OTOH rocks. The Eldritch Demon makes a fine CAV scale Cthulhu too.

I have to admit that I am new to H.P. Lovecraft and Cthulhu Mythos, but I really never guessed that that was Shoggoth. lol And yes The Faceless horror does indeed rock. The Eldritch Demon has to be the most affordable yet cool looking Cthulhu miniature that I can find. I know that these guys make Call of Cthulhu RPG minis, but they relly don't to much of what I'm interested in. :P

I was hooked a week ago when I found this, and have been lurking here ever since. The trade thread has finally given me an impetus to make a profile! Can't wait for my next paycheck to come in so I can throw my money at the screen :p

I really don't need any of these minis (haha that's not true, I could totally use a bunch more D&D minis) but they're all so cool and cheap and plastic is so much better to work with than metal or resin... not to mention that Reaper is easily my favorite mini provider...

This kickstarter is a frakkin' miracle. For both sides of the transaction. I just wish I had more money to give.

This seems kind of like a silly question,, but Undertaker level addons for $10/15 (Such as the Undead Giant) come as singles, correct? You only get 1 Undead Giant per $10, unlike the free addons such as the undead horde which you get 2 of? Pretty sure that's how this goes, but it never hurts to check. As Sunday draws closer, I have friends considering just going Undertaker level so everyone gets the minis we want.

My understanding is that the "buy in" options available to vampire and undertaker levels are the same between vampire and undertaker levels. So, $10 = 1 undead giant for either vampire or undertaker. Assuming Mr. Bones unearths him :)

Well Undertakers actually CAN get more than Vampire levels... just give $30 for the Undead Giant like how you tripled your pledge earlier, and you get 3x Undead Giants! It's not as good as the 4x for your $300 you got earlier, but it's still better than the Vampire level's measly 1 undead giant they get for their $10. :;):