Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Kickstarter Discussion Thread

It is a new pattern, as on their Kickstarter page they hinted the next reveal will be free fantasy + paid crono.

(And here's a free hint: the next stretch goal reveal will have free fantasy miniatures and an Optional Chronoscope figure – because you've been very patient!)

I'm confused about the optional cronoscope figure being singular though.. most options so far have been either multiple minis or HUGE minis, and I dunno of any large cronoscope minis. Is Jack and the Beanstalk included in the Cronoscope line? There's also the T-Rex and Triceratops though. They could be Crono as well.

It's an unannounced cyber gorilla riding a cyber T-rex.

For those who don't know what to do with the Chronoscope sci-fi figures, http://www.wargamedo...em.php?item=983 has Blasters and Bulkheads, a pretty quick skrimish level style game.

I love that game. I'd highly recommend it for anyone thinking of playing a game with random Chronoscope figures. You may need to think about how you use the different character building options in order to represent some of the wierd stuff. But I was able to use it for a colonial marines vs xenomorphs "Aliens" type game without any problems or needing to make up my own traits or whatever.

OK, if we told you up front that Chronoscope was going into the Kickstarter...

A) It wouldn't be a surprise

B) If we did tell you and for some unexplainable reason we didn't make it to the stretch goal, then you'd have never seen them actually happen and this may have really disappointing the people that wanted them.

For those want a clarification of the Undertaker Level I am going to get help from Ron (Bryan's busy with other stuff) and we are going to make something for you so you can see a list or a graphic or both. Hopefully we can get something wrapped up tomorrow. I'll toss it in here, but the KS is limited on it's words and graphics so we can't fill it up too much. Anyone that asks me over there I will be directing here or sending them a private e-mail.

• Like 1

just wanted to document that after pulling the trigger on a kick starter pledge today i'll have enough product to keep me painting for at least the next 18 months... no more begging for a pal's old 40k cast offs...the wife doesn't appreciate the art form as it is... wait till all these packages from reaper show up on the doorstep... man, I'm gonna have to buy more paint...

For those want a clarification of the Undertaker Level I am going to get help from Ron (Bryan's busy with other stuff) and we are going to make something for you so you can see a list or a graphic or both. Hopefully we can get something wrapped up tomorrow. I'll toss it in here, but the KS is limited on it's words and graphics so we can't fill it up too much. Anyone that asks me over there I will be directing here or sending them a private e-mail.

Thank you.

A list would be great. (However a graphic representation similar to the one for the Vampire pledge level would be fantastic.)

:poke:

• Like 1

What about Jack and the Beanstalk? And your T-Rex and Triceratops kits. Although I think your 2 dinos were available looooong before the Cronoscope line. (Sorry I'm such a question askin' pest :unsure: )

Perfectly fine. Ask away. Boxed sets are whatever strikes us. We had some cool dinos too big to blister. Boxed Sets! Fairy tale vignette? Boxed Set! Ultra-cute mouslings? Boxed Set!

Actually I was asking if they are considered Cronoscope or if they're another series (continuing off from my previous question).

So when I read your reply at first I was thinking, "Huh? Wut?"

I see my error though. >.>;

Why not either combine or remove some of the pics from the options that are "Sold Out"? You could also just make them super tiny and/or use fewer words. Probably time consuming, but it might work. For example:

• Pledge $475 or more

1 Backer Sold out

Crown Jewel - Vampire Level + CAV Katana master model 07042 cast in 5oz of solid silver.. - You get the original master model used to make the production tooling. This model is solid Silver. The ultimate model to slice your opponents. USA only. Free Shipping.
    Est. delivery: Sep 2012

Change that to:

• Pledged!

Sold! Crown Jewel - Vampire Level + CAV Katana master model 07042 cast 5oz solid silver. USA only. Free Ship. ETA: Sep 2012

Of course if someone can change their mind and back out of a limited option then I guess my idea would pretty much suck. xP

In regards to the Dark Heaven Bones controversy - the name Dark Heaven Bones is the biggest lettering on the introductory video.... Folks do have a reason for thinking that.

However, I just wave my hand and tell myself that the initial Goal was for just that - and Stretch Goals changing course over the campaign is to be expected.

Then I go to the forums that I frequent and tell folks 'Reaper has added Chronoscope to their Bones Kickstarter! Go get em!' with great fanfare and enthusiasm. ::P: On a Spycraft forum, on a paper terrain forum, on a Fallout forum, on a webcomic forum.... I cannot even pretend to be in any way offended by the Chronoscope material being added - I want as many reasons for as many people to Pledge as I can find!

The Auld Grump

Very simple reason for the Dark Heaven Bones in the promo video. The line exists. The logo exists. That was the line we were initially building. Chronobones are new, but were always on deck if we were going to expand Bones (with or without the Kickstarter). No great conspiracy. We just expanded Bones!

Like I said - it does not bother me in the slightest - I play SF games as well, and can use the newest additions as bait for audiences that Might not be otherwise tempted.

Falling out of contact with the Bones updates for about five days - running Pathfinder for Pagans. (Paid gig, and they have moved the clothing optional area back to the pond, so I won't have to worry 'bout nekkid witches unless I go swimming. Scenarios based on the French & Indian War.)

The Auld Grump - Dorly makes an appearance....

* Sometime late next year *

DM: "Your thief's luck has finally run out. Fortune does not favour the dead. Or disintegrated. Roll a new character."

Me: "Cyber-monkey."

DM: "You can't be the Cyber-monkey."

Me: "Why not?"

DM: "He's not fantasy."

Me: "Sure he is."

DM: "No, he's not."

Me: "Well, he's not reality, so by default he's fantasy. Your move."

DM: "He's sci-fi. Pulp sci-fi. Genres, dude."

Me: "But he has a gatling gun for an arm!"

DM: "Nope."

Me: "A magic missile rotary shooter?"

Me: "He's carrying a bundle of firewood?"

Me: "He eat-a you face if you say no? Hm? Rawwwwrrrr? Him so fearsome?" * wiggles ape miniature *

Me: "Fine. You suck. I'm making a wizard."

DM: "That's better."

Me (under breath): "A wizard who's gonna make a cyber-monkey golem."

• Like 3

LOL. You could always add paint to the package through the Kickstarter pledge.

"I didn't just buy a ton of minitures. See! I also got all these paints."

My wife is normally very supportive of my painting of minis, and I don't actually have a wall of shame anymore since I got all of those figures done this past winter/spring. When I tell her that the 50ish minis I have on my shelf just aren't enough for a viable 'pool' from which to paint she laughs but doesn't really buy it. She knows I'm just an addict; but it's this or become a crack ho.

I actually planned out a whole little mini-quest last night while painting a miniature.

In this mini-quest the players will stumble across an noble alchemist/artificer who recently came back from a journey to the exotic wilds of the jungle. He killed a gorilla and brought it back to his manor where he used necromancy and other dark rites to create the undead ape. The arm gun will actually dispense some kind of necro-acidic spew onto adventurers.

• Like 2

On the massive Kickstarter comments thread, I thought I recalled someone asking, "Can I add on existing Bones to my pledge?" and someone Reaper-affiliated responding, "Sure, just add the appropriate amount and spell it out in the survey!" (Paraphrased from memory; there doesn't seem to be a search feature on the Kickstarter comments for me to FIND the relevant post, and I'm not even sure what keywords would nail it.) If that is TRUE, that sounds cool, but it also sounds like it'd be a logistical headache. The surveys I've gotten so far have just used radio-buttons or "enter how many you want of X," not with some open-ended "essay" box to fill out further instructions -- so I'm not sure how that could work. I find myself wondering whether I misread it, or maybe some non-Reaper person was answering out of line and I just mentally mis-attributed it.

Question for Reaper: Is that so? Can I add on existing Bones models (at the price listed on the Reaper site) onto my pledge, and somehow just spell it out in the survey? Or, for that matter, could I add on existing other items from the Reaper store? (I've had my idea on a few bits in the Boneyard that I can't get at my "friendly local game store," but my wish list isn't enough to push the $25 mark yet to avoid shipping/handling charges, so it'd be nice to just combine.)

Hum, if that is so I'm definitely buying a few wormies and some other stuff. Haven't seen the post you're mentioning, but I'd like to know the answer too.