Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Well Kristof65 looks like your prediction of the 15th was right. :B):

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I could play it off that I was accurate, however, I think I later clarified that what I mean is when the contents would be revealed. Which means I was two days late.

Hmm... perhaps I can go back and delete that post where I clarified, and look like a prophet :devil:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, did anybody notice that instead of 4 figures, this goal was 12? ^_^ 3x the figures (and one of them is MASSIVE) for less than 3x the goal size??

I'll buy that, the most recent goals were more figs. However, before that, the creep has been happening faster than the rewards have been growing.

It was just something I noticed. I'm not terribly bothered about it for two reasons. One, I'm already getting a ton of minis for my $. Two, The rate of pledges seems to have drastically increased ever since Chronopia Bones were revealed and it seems we're reaching Pledge goals just as fast as before, i.e. just a bit less than one per day.

Following that last that vein, what does it say about the interest in Chronopia bones that the two days since their reveal have been the two highest days for $ pledged? There was quite a bit of poo-pooing from some quarters both here and in the related Chronopia bones thread about not being interested in Chronopia bones, but perhaps there's more interest than we thought?

Could be as low as $10K, or as high as $40K. Or more. It can vary wildly on a per-model basis.

Do the metal injection molds have a comparable number of cavities as the rubber molds you use for metal? Just wondering if it's an apples-to-apples comparison. It's not $10k - $40k per cavity, right?

Edit: After a little poking around on the web, I found a picture of a metal injection mold used for making Legos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LegoSpritzguss.JPG . Assuming a similar process (which I readily admit may not be a valid assumption), it looks to me like the mold would definitely have multiple cavities, but a few less standard 32mm humanoids would fit than in the rubber rotary molds Reaper uses for the pewter figs.