Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clockwork dragon?! take my money... i really need to stop adding money... i wont have a place for all these minis if i cant pay rent

A refridgerator packing box and some scavenged boards will do the trick. I've already got a sweet spot picked out under a nice bridge.

hehe. It sure does pay off to live in your moms basement. :D Free food, air, electric, and space. Sure you have to get used to living in a dirt basement, but it's a small price to pay for all that free.

clockwork dragon?! take my money... i really need to stop adding money... i wont have a place for all these minis if i cant pay rent

A refridgerator packing box and some scavenged boards will do the trick. I've already got a sweet spot picked out under a nice bridge.

scoot over.. when my wife kicks me out im taking the shower curtain to use as a rain poncho

• Like 1

I'm vacationing for the next two days away from a computer. It will be nice until I return, see the kickstarter, and then the next you'll hear of me is "some guy's head exploded in Philly. It appears he spontaneously exploded as well."

Film of explosion at eleven.

• Like 1

I'm vacationing for the next two days away from a computer. It will be nice until I return, see the kickstarter, and then the next you'll hear of me is "some guy's head exploded in Philly. It appears he spontaneously exploded as well."

Film of explosion at eleven.

Vacation from computer? Crazy talk!

• Like 1

Could be as low as $10K, or as high as $40K. Or more. It can vary wildly on a per-model basis.

Do the metal injection molds have a comparable number of cavities as the rubber molds you use for metal? Just wondering if it's an apples-to-apples comparison. It's not $10k - $40k per cavity, right?

Edit: After a little poking around on the web, I found a picture of a metal injection mold used for making Legos: http://en.wikipedia....oSpritzguss.JPG . Assuming a similar process (which I readily admit may not be a valid assumption), it looks to me like the mold would definitely have multiple cavities, but a few less standard 32mm humanoids would fit than in the rubber rotary molds Reaper uses for the pewter figs.

Very much not the same thing. LEGO molds use ABS plastic on nearly completely automated factory assembly line and are incredibly more precise and expensive than anything that would be necessary for molding PVC plastic figs. IIRC, each LEGO mold cost is well over $100k!