Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Reaper User

I think Bryan pointed this out before, but not only are molds expensive, but the more people there are pledging, the more product we have to order and the more we have to spread the goals to make the rewards for your base $100 continue to be possible without taking serious losses. It's a big ol' formula based on our best estimates of how much each model will cost us to produce and how many we will have to order.

So, somewhat coincidentally, the goals are being met daily, which is awesome, but if they weren't then they would just have to take longer because they are necessary. Now, we've done the best we can in planning the contents of the goals to be attractive enough to drive things forward and so far that has worked well. A goal a day has been amazing! We are a few hours from the next goal and I think it's going to knock off some socks. At least we all hope so. We love you guys and we want to make you as happy as we can!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a few hours from the next goal and I think it's going to knock off some socks. At least we all hope so. We love you guys and we want to make you as happy as we can!

We can tell. ::D: Well I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most pledgers feel the same. ^_^

BTW I have a few questions, all about Mister Bones!

1. Is Mister Bones exclusive to this promotion or will he still be available after the kickstarter is over?

2. You say he will be added to all "bones" shipments from this KS. Wraith, Ghost, and Liche levels are all metal only, and going strictly by what you said he would not be included. Whereas a lesser level, Ghast, does include bones, and would get Mister Bones added for free. I expect he is also excluded from apparel, paint, etc.. Is this all correct?

3. If you order multiple levels, say 1 vampire and 1 undertaker ($400+), then would you get 1x Mister Bones or 2x Mister bones? And if you order 5 Ghast levels, you would get 5 x Mister Bones?

2) I believe so.

3) The way I understood the update, and the talk on the comments: 1x mr. Bones for any pledge that requires them to send a package of bones minis, not multiples for multiple vampire levels etc.

But yeah, I'm not 100% sure either.

So, yeah… my concerns about getting to the Clockwork Dragon were unfounded I guess. I wake up today and find we're almost the Cthulu/Marine stretch goal after not even 24 hours.

Somebody at Reaper really did their homework and planned this out well.

Yeah, so, I'm completely not glued to my screen here this morning, waiting for the ticker to reach the next reveal and not, y'know, eating breakfast or getting a shower or shaving or anything.

Totally not.

Also, if anybody badmouths either the Cyber-monkey or the Clockwork Dragon, I'm just gonna have to eat their face.

*sniff* *sniff*

I hope this hurries up, because I'm ripening rapidly.

ETA:

I found the theme song for when I unleash the Clockwork-Dragon-Riding Cyber-Monkey.

So I'm curious. The vampire pledge shows the minis that we'll get from all the stretch goals that we've met, but the bonus options show the minis from stretch goals we haven't met yet. I'm assuming that you can still get those even if we don't hit the goal, you just don't get any for free. Not entirely sure. :P So please if you can, enlighten me.

Excellent question, I had kind of assumed the same thing.

So I'm curious. The vampire pledge shows the minis that we'll get from all the stretch goals that we've met, but the bonus options show the minis from stretch goals we haven't met yet. I'm assuming that you can still get those even if we don't hit the goal, you just don't get any for free. Not entirely sure. :P So please if you can, enlighten me.

If I remember correctly they said it was just done just to get the graphics done and out of the way. Also there's no chance of not meeting those goals, so there's no harm in it yet.

So, yeah… my concerns about getting to the Clockwork Dragon were unfounded I guess. I wake up today and find we're almost the Cthulu/Marine stretch goal after not even 24 hours.

Somebody at Reaper really did their homework and planned this out well.

It's always nice to have the effort go noticed! Those who have come to ReaperCon can tell you that there's right about 2 dozen employees, and while the majority of the planning was done by one team, all of us had some input, some part in choosing rewards, and defining the purposes. This truly was a company-wide effort, and we appreciate the response, even I have occasionally gotten surly... ;)

We add those to the "extra sets" graphic so that you know the prices for extra sets, because some people like to increase their pledges as soon as possible, to help boost the total, and speed realization of goal along.

If you dig through the threads enough you can confirm all of those things the most important part being that he is a one to a customer thing, but you can purchase additional ones, through the KS, at $1 each. So three vampire levels still only gets you one Mr Bones. Also correct he only comes in pledges that consist of Bones, so if you are ordering the Sophie set only you will not get a Mr Bones.

I have to say that I really love the concept art for the Clockwork dragon. There's a great sense of elegence and nobility in its pose and the way all the lines work together. In some ways he reminds me of a heraldric lion- I think it's the pose with the single foreleg raised. The way all the plates of the neck work together forms a great sinuous line, but each individual one has a very sharp and dangerous look to it. Really loving it.

I do hope there is some reworking of the coffin hindquarters, though. In the artwork it really pulls focus and just looks a little out of place.

I've already got frand plans on converting that bad boy- I've got a lot of clockwork parts at home (gears, springs, and the like) and I plan to make good use of him. I'll be waiting until he arrives before I settle my design, but I've got some interesting ideas. The biggest idea I'm kicking around revolves around the possibility of hollowing out the chest and inserting a custom cast crystal with an LED. Wire it up and make it look like a beating heart with the light spilling out from between all the metal bits that hold the outer shell together.

Lots to plan!

• Reaper User

We are a few hours from the next goal and I think it's going to knock off some socks. At least we all hope so. We love you guys and we want to make you as happy as we can!

We can tell. ::D: Well I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most pledgers feel the same. ^_^

BTW I have a few questions, all about Mister Bones!

1. Is Mister Bones exclusive to this promotion or will he still be available after the kickstarter is over?

2. You say he will be added to all "bones" shipments from this KS. Wraith, Ghost, and Liche levels are all metal only, and going strictly by what you said he would not be included. Whereas a lesser level, Ghast, does include bones, and would get Mister Bones added for free. I expect he is also excluded from apparel, paint, etc.. Is this all correct?

3. If you order multiple levels, say 1 vampire and 1 undertaker ($400+), then would you get 1x Mister Bones or 2x Mister bones? And if you order 5 Ghast levels, you would get 5 x Mister Bones?

1) Yes

2) He's excluded from any level that doesn't have something shipping in March 2013, unless you are getting an option that will, ship next year. You can add more if you like, but only if something in your pledge level or an Option you are adding ships next year.

3)One free Mr. Bones per backer.

The restriction is simply because of shipping cost for a single mini that was not part of the original "plan" and therefore outside of our costing structure.