Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Stretch Goals are... high? When I've been part of other kickstarters, the stretch goals are fairly incremental. This one is almost double the amount. Mind you, it's a sweet freebie but I'm wondering how much thought has gone into the different tiers of add ons versus stretch goals.

Honestly, I was stunned that the goals are so low. If I remember the rumors correctly, I believe that GW pays somewhere in the neighborhood of 18K per mold for each sprue for their injection plastic minis. It's one thing to create molds in vulcanized rubber and a whole new level of production to have molds made in steel. On top of that, add the risk that sales may not outpace the production cost on a particular mini..... Brave indeed. 30K for 30 new minis sounds like a bargain to me. Reaper's venture into the BONES line was a calculated risk that I believe will pay huge dividends, but is still a very large risk. I salute you Reaper. I most certainly will be doing my meager part in the kickstarter. I just wish I was in the position to pledge more. Good Luck! I hope the kickstarter is hugely successful!

I should point out that the Kickstarter Funds raised do not pay 100% for the production run. We will still invest a significant chunk in this ourselves - but by asking for help funding, we can reduce the initial cost to ourselves, and provide a product faster. This is not a for-profit "publicity stunt", it's a legitimate request for consumer support to help us provide you with the minis you've been clamoring for, faster than we could on our own.

Thank you for this. My husband has been ranting a bit about how Kickstarter has morphed from a place where average joe's can get their creative products off the ground, to where established companies are using it when there are other means of raising capital.

I am glad to hear we are helping to defray the cost of start up production (and thereby speed up start up) and not shouldering all the cost (and risk) with it.

I am very thankful for the opportunity to get the minis at a great price as well. :blush:

It is too bad, I have not achieved the income level that would allow me to snatch up the VIP at Reaper Con, because once I do, I am so there!

I hope you are advertising this fundraising at Gen Con, because I believe it will catch out like hot cakes.

I hope you are advertising this fundraising at Gen Con, because I believe it will catch out like hot cakes.

Heck yeah. That just gave me hope that we'll make the big pile o' treasure at the bottom. And maybe beyond. You know us dwarves like being underground.

• Like 1

Even though I as an avid D&D 4th ed player like to make fun of fellow gamers who play pathfinder I'm still freakin excited about these new minis Reaper has revealed! :D

What's a Pathfinder? All I saw were some sweetacular goblins. I ain't picky where they hail from. We all speak the language of stabby stab the adventurers with sticks of pointy.

• Like 4

Just did a little more math.

First of all, by my count we're getting 133 bones miniatures + 1 sophie (instead of 132 stated on the Kickstarter page):

30 New Bones

+ 36 Dungeon Attack

+ 4 Fighters

+ 10 Undead Horde

+ 4 BBEG

+ 4 Elves

+ 4 Dwarves

+ 4 Klocke Classics

+ 4 Fire It Up

+ 5 Townsfolk

+ 6 Heroes

+ 5 Haunts

+ 10 Chronoscope

+ 1 Mister Bones

+ 6 IMEF Marines

133 Bones Miniatures

Total Miniatures (with Sophie) = 134

For my extra miniatures, I'm adding on There Be Dragons, Demons, Undead Giant, Clockwork Dragon, and 6 more IMEF marines. This is 12 more miniatures.

My total miniatures: 146

For other extras I'm getting the new exclusive paint set and the case.

Total pledge: $204

subtract case and paint set to get PPM (price per mini) - $43

Total Miniature Pledge: $161

PPM = Total Miniature Pledge / Total Miniatures:

$161 / 146 = $1.10 per miniature

HOLY CRAP! That's a great deal!

• Like 1

Oh, and the Pathfinder announcement almost made me fall out of my chair. Am I wrong in remembering that a couple of days ago we were told there was no way we were going to see licensed minis in this kickstarter? I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination- I'm just really, really surprised! And very happy- those are some great looking Gobbos!

I ain't picky where they hail from.  We all speak the language of stabby stab the adventurers with sticks of pointy.

Hey now, for some of us, the goblinoids are the adventurers and those nasty humans are the enemy seeking to overwhelm us!

Love my 4E Eberron campaign based originally in Darguun, and now branching out into Sharn.

What's a Pathfinder?

Gonna err on the side of informative [though I'm digging the Goblins too. Beware, o fearful players, of drowning in the horde!], but Pathfinder is Paizo's rework of DnD 3.5; instead of abandoning it for 4, they decided to try and clean up all the bits that were overcomplicated, non-orthogonal, imbalanced, or simply didn't make sense. They did a fairly good job at it.