Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

This question is for the Reaper crew... Is that figure case available for sale after this, or is it a kickstarter special edition? If it will be available for retail, any idea of how to get it from the reaper store and what the cost might be?

We'll almost certainly be making this for general distribution. We don't have an MSRP for it yet, but it'll be in the ballpark of $50. Standard disclaimers apply. No timeframes are indicated or implied.

Thanks for the quick answer! I will definitely be adding one of those cases to my pledge amount!

-mb

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it! It took me 4 days, but I've finally done it! I have just read every single post on this thread. Gotta tell you that it was quite a feat considering that almost 40 pages have been added since I started. Ok, so now that I'm all caught up (with this thread)... What's the big deal?

Alright, I'm kidding. This is awesome, and I'm so glad I saw the KS page a couple weeks ago. I'm in for Vampire and some extras (to be determined later) at this moment, but I think I might have to find a bit more funding.

Buglips, you are a riot - and you could probably start one. Thanks for all the entertainment. And thanks to everyone else for all the great stuff that's been discussed here.

And one more thought before I go back to kind of lurking. Clockwork Dragons Rule! I'm gonna call mine "Ben".

• Like 1

. There could easily be 1,000,000 Bones miniatures hitting the Reaper shipping docks in March.

Quite astounding, yes.

I think Bryan said that they produce 7000 miniatures a day right now, but his definition of miniature is per piece, so a multi-part miniature will count as at least two miniatures by his definition. If that number is produced every day (including weekends and holidays) they would produce almost 2,500,000 "miniatures" each year. So one shipment of bones would be almost half the year's production. It would probably be better to compare it against sales figures as that would reduce the multi-part miniatures down to a single unit for our purposes.

But that's 7000 metal minis a day. Once the big hump of the cost of the mold making is taken care of, they can turn out PVC minis much quicker and for much cheaper than metal.

Halber

What I was trying to say is what will arrive on their docks on day 1 (D-Day) of the Kickstarter fulfillment. This could amount to upwards of half of their normal production run of metal, over the course of a year, potentially hitting their docks in a single day.

What I was trying to say is what will arrive on their docks on day 1 (D-Day) of the Kickstarter fulfillment. This could amount to upwards of half of their normal production run of metal, over the course of a year, potentially hitting their docks in a single day.

And March 2013 also has PAX East that they are committed to.

And Easter, yeah, Easter falls in March this time around.

Them folks in Denton gonna be busier than those bunnies...

Luckily, Easter means nothing to me, so I guess I'll sacrifice and head to Denton and wallow, er, I mean wade through all the new minis while the Reaper-peeps are doing other things. Just doing my part to help out...

:devil:

• Like 1

Luckily, Easter means nothing to me,

It means that with the Kickstarter Rewards shipping in March, the Easter Bunny can put Bones in Baskets at my house.

yeah, the "Easter Bunny" has all his basket filling non-edibles shopping for those hard to satisfy teens completed already.

"Santa Claus" isn't even half as far along on his shopping as that silly rabbit...

Luckily, Easter means nothing to me,

It means that with the Kickstarter Rewards shipping in March, the Easter Bunny can put Bones in Baskets at my house.

yeah, the "Easter Bunny" has all his basket filling non-edibles shopping for those hard to satisfy teens completed already.

"Santa Claus" isn't even half as far along on his shopping as that silly rabbit...

Careful about leaving those baskets unattended. You don't want the kids ending up in the emergency from trying to eat a "white chocolate" Deathsleet.

• Like 2

Luckily, Easter means nothing to me, so I guess I'll sacrifice and head to Denton and wallow, er, I mean wade through all the new minis while the Reaper-peeps are doing other things. Just doing my part to help out...

:devil:

Not a sacrafice for me. My parents place is 15 minutes away from the Reaper storefront. I can go pick mine up myself & save Reaper some postage.

Hi all, I am not normally one to join any chat threads, but this whole event has changed that. I read all 118 pages of this thread yesterday, and have figured out that they are going to reach the 4 million dollar goal by selling movie rights to it. Buglips, I am and always will be a metal purist, and it was a true tragedy to see a brother fall from grace. That said, I am going to name a Goblin King after you in my next campaign. I thinik the only reason the metal god did not smite you was because he had to many tears in his eyes(whether from weeping at the loss of a champion, or laughing himself silly, he would not say)to get a clear shot. My old Dodge van sucked all funds away from me, so I will be lucky to pledge at zombie level, but wanted to throw an idea out for everone. 20 of you ought to go in for 100 bucks each on the D.Y.O.M. package since there are 20 copies given; with the figure being a goblin with a cat's tail sticking out of its mouth. I was fortunate enough to get to the KS site after the Mize green had sold, or I would probably be fighting for a spot under a bridge or selling body parts on ebay myself, as that would indeed be a crown jewel in my collection. I saw someone speak of getting a RP dracolich for 50 dollars, and I myself had the fortune of scoring the Slave Auction with artist proof slave angel, and seeing what you said taught me more about what I had, so thank you very much for that, and thank you all, esp those at Reaper for rekindling the love I have for this hobby!

• Like 2

Wait, what?

No! My fall from grace and corruption to the plastic side was supposed to be a warning to others, not an encouragement!

* gets warm *

Oh no. Oh no oh no.

* warmer *

I'm sorry my metal lord! I'm sorrrrrryyyyyyyy!

* bursts into flame *

I see it too Shak! And I'm really concerned there is going to be panic and mass hysteria. Nobody show Buglips.

* clutches heart *

Oh wait, it's fixed.

. . .

. . .

. . .

so . . . somebody wanna spray me with a fire extinguisher here, or what?

• Like 1

As others have said it's been amazing to watch this event unfold. Certainly an exciting time for Reaper, us fans, and possible the larger gaming industry. Buglips, I used to be a metal snob as well ^_^ , but it was actually dabbling in 40K that got me to see the virtues of plastic* -- for one, more durable than metal, plus, I can practically toss a painted plastic mini across the floor without it getting scratched.

I've made a pledge for one of the new mini cases, but has there been any thought of allowing us non-vampires to acquire the free Vampire minis and other stretch goals as higher cost options? The Vampire reward level is an incredible deal (understatement), but for me personally, there aren't enough minis that I really want that would make it worth $100 (again, worth it for me). It would be awesome to get that big box in March, but I have too many unpainted minis as it is without needing another collection of ones that I don't have much interest in painting.

That being said, there are a bunch of minis only availble to Vampires/Undertakers that I would very much like to have. On the other For example, I could get Ebonwrath for an additional $15 pledge (instead of $10 for Vampires) or the IMEF Marines for $9 (vs. $6 for an additional set for Vampires), then there would be a host of options that I would snap up that would equal or exceed $100. I get only the minis that I really want, folks that pledge at the Vampire level don't get cheated out of their reward, and this kickstart gets more money. Everybody wins!

Anyway, I hope I'm not coming off as ungrateful or self-centered. Like I said, it's been quite a ride so far and I'm glad to be able to participate even in a small way.

*This is not to imply that I have abandoned metal. I have a large collection of painted and unpainted metal minis. There's room for both.