Kickstarter Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who was interested, the clockwork dragon is painted and up in the preview gallery, Kaladrax is painted awaiting photography and I'm mostly through Nethyrmaul. I hope to be done with it by m

Hello everyone! First post here on the forums.   I am a homeschool mom, and while taking my son out to do some donations to a local shelter, we stopped by when my son spotted a local game store. H

.     .     .     .

I think the paints are an excellent short term goal. Gets us a rest from another big stretch goal and I'm sure there are plenty of new comers out there that can really use these paints. I'm tempted and I have plenty of paints.

Well, believe it or not, I'm rather excited about the paint sets #3 and #4. It's been a while since I've done some painting and this Kickstarter has got SO GOOD over time that it has caused me to flip my position (being philosophically opposed to this use of Kickstarter) to iffy, to now going all-in.

Reason? While I'm still a little troubled with established companies using Kickstarter like this, the facts all distill down to: this is just too damned good to pass up.

My guess is over this week, I'll end up increasing my options even further, whiich will probably take me to $300-$350 or so by the time all is said and done.

From lapsed painter and philosophically opposed to the project -- to all-in and sell me six paint sets while you are at it in 10 days flat.

And it's pretty clear from a lot of responses out there concerning this Kickstarter that I'm not the only one. Paizo's e-mail blast sent out today reaches over 200k gamers. While this started out by Reaper pitching to their own hardcore customers, by the time they are done, Reaper may end up reaching more several thousand completely new customers. That's truly a remarkable success story for Reaper.

So I think this stretch has some VOOM left in it. We may yet get to that dragon hoard at the end.

• Like 1

Well there goes another $36 I'll be adding to my pledge. I'm pretty sure those 2 sets would cost around $60 retail, if not more.

Maybe they should add a palette of some kind. I do have my paint encrusted washcloth though...

Here's my planned pledge so far:

$306 for Undertaker - 1 Reg sophie + 2x nekkids

$100 for Vampire - 1 reg sophie (so it evens out at 2/2)

$110 for Sophie set

$100 for all options (so far)

$36 for paint

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $652

I may get extras of some free sets though. I plan on pledging at least $700.

I think your math is off for extra Sophies & naked Sophie. +$3 gets you a naked Sophie instead of regular.. It doesnt ADD a naked Sophie to your pledge. You would need +$28 for a naked Sophie in addition to regular Sophie ($356 for two additional naked Sophies on undertaker).

Here's my planned pledge so far:

$306 for Undertaker - 1 Reg sophie + 2x nekkids

$100 for Vampire - 1 reg sophie (so it evens out at 2/2)

$110 for Sophie set

$100 for all options (so far)

$36 for paint

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $652

I may get extras of some free sets though. I plan on pledging at least $700.

I think your math is off for extra Sophies & naked Sophie. +$3 gets you a naked Sophie instead of regular.. It doesnt ADD a naked Sophie to your pledge. You would need +$28 for a naked Sophie in addition to regular Sophie ($356 for two additional naked Sophies on undertaker).

Undertaker automatically comes with *three* (clothed) Sophies. He's paying the extra $6 to have two of them upgraded to the "Naked" version.

With the extra clothed one from Vampire he should in fact get two of each.

All right, I have been dying to post since I got up at 1:00 pm, working nights and watching this unfold has been strange, but when I looked at the KS before leaving the house and saw the new reveal was Pathfinder and goblins, I figured the posts would be worth the wait. I have imagined heads exploding and a wash of all kinds of nasty bodily fluids, drool, tears of joy, snot, pee, and other more intimate secretions.

I've just come in off the bridge, to take a dinner break and see that we have surpassed another goal revealing the next stretch goal of more paints. Nice. With the Pathfinder crowd, adding to the momentum tomorrow should be interesting.

I have held off on upping my already sizable buy in, until after meeting with my gaming group tomorrow night to see if any of them are kicking in to the Kickstart or if they are going to add to mine. I’ll be increasing my pledge tomorrow night for sure.

Buglips, Keep it coming. You are definitely an entertaining and integral part of this thread. There are others as well but in my haze of working nights, he is the first I can think of.

I've reached the point where I need a spreadsheet to keep track of what I'm pledging for.

On a semi-related note, I hope that the townsfolk with torches show up in Bones. I'd like an army of those guys.

I have a excel sheet running as well for my choices and so I can add any figs that my friends want after polling them tomorrow night.

VIVA LA KICKSTART!

LONG LIVE THE MASTERMINDS AT REAPER!!!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

I found the theme song for when I unleash the Clockwork-Dragon-Riding Cyber-Monkey.

Buglips, I think such a unique and magnificent creation as a Cyber-Monkey riding a Clockwork Dragon is deserving of an equally unique and magnificent theme song. One that appeals to Goblin sensibilities...

Behold all that is Banjo Loco!!

• Like 2
  • Forum Mascot

Y'know, that went in a totally different direction from what I had in mind.

And at first I was all like: "whut?"

But then I thought about it a little, and realized that the first time you lay eyes on a terrifying cyborg ape riding a dragon made out of gears - well, the unexpected banjo music is actually significantly more terrifying.

Cheerful, and a little bit mad.

It lets you know that what's coming next is gonna get weird . . . and the monkey likes it that way.

ETA: And stanky shoes are the only kind of shoes I wear. When I wear shoes. Once I had a brand new pair, and it was just all wrong. I had to trudge through a fetid swamp to get them juuuust right.

• Like 3

Well there goes another $36 I'll be adding to my pledge. I'm pretty sure those 2 sets would cost around $60 retail, if not more.

Maybe they should add a palette of some kind. I do have my paint encrusted washcloth though...

Individual paints are now $3.29 per bottle retail. Each KS offer of 12 would be $39.48. $18 per is a steal.

• Like 1

Y'know, that went in a totally different direction from what I had in mind.

And at first I was all like: "whut?"

But then I thought about it a little, and realized that the first time you lay eyes on a terrifying cyborg ape riding a dragon made out of gears - well, the unexpected banjo music is actually significantly more terrifying.

Cheerful, and a little bit mad.

It lets you know that what's coming next is gonna get weird . . . and the monkey likes it that way.

ETA: And stanky shoes are the only kind of shoes I wear. When I wear shoes. Once I had a brand new pair, and it was just all wrong. I had to trudge through a fetid swamp to get them juuuust right.

My thoughts Exactly!!

Kid 1: "What's this?"

Kid 2: "Some Theme Song, It's supposed to be good..."

Kid 1: "Did you try it?"

Kid 2: "I'm not gonna try it. YOU try it."

Kid 1: "I'M not gonna try it."

Kid 2: "I KNOW! Let's get CYBER-MONKEY!!"

Kid 1: "YEAH!! He won't like it, he hates EVERYTHING."

Kid 2: "He likes it, HEY MONKEY!!"

Monkey: "eweweweAhahah OHHHHhhhhh...."

*Whine of Monkey's chain gun spinning up as the camera cuts back to the two kids with very big eyes, and a Clockwork Dragon head rising up behind them*

Announcer: "Banjo Loco, it's a Theme song for Cyber-Monkeys riding Clockwork Dragons"

*Sound of chain gun firing, Dragon screeching, and kids screaming...*

• Like 1