Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your vision of Bones, perhaps. It's entirely possible that Reaper chose the figures they did because they want to sell 1 to each of a million gamers, and not a hundred to each of a thousand gamers... You're saying that cheap figures is entirely the purview of large groups of figures, and it's totally unfair that RPG players that need 1 character figure should get it for $2? Becuase you personally might only need one, why bother? If that's true, why bother making DHL or Warlord at all?

Thanks to Ladystorm, I have to re-respond to this drivel.

Dr. Wyrm, I have valid reasons for my opinions, and I don't appreciate you attempting to portray me as some sort of knuckle-dragging moron by putting inane and idiotic arguments into my mouth. I'm not a puppet, stop trying to speak for me. I am not saying "that cheap figures [are] entirely the purview of large groups of figures" or "it's totally unfair that RPG players that need 1 character figure should get it for $2." Those are ridiculous and petty arguments that no one has advanced, certainly not me.

I just think it makes more sense to release models like the Dwarven Miners and Dwarven Pathfinders as Bones than it does to release the Dwarven Wizard. The Warlord models that are sold 9/$39.99 would make a lot more sense as Bones. I don't think there is a lot of people who ae thinking "I won't buy Juliette for $6, but I'll buy her in plastic for $2." But I think there are a lot of people who might balk at $40 for 9 dwarven miners but would find $18 a much better price.