Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And...furniture! Don't forget the furniture!

At 1 mill we get 5 pirates.

1.1 we get some dungeon IKEA

1.5 million will be tiny plastic franklin mint collectors plates to go with the miniature armoire that we get at 1.25 million

...I probably will be bumping my pledge another $25 (or skipping the miniatures case) to get the dracolitch, but still...furniture?

Seems clear they're focusing more on the options than on boosting the vampire set, which is smart because increasing vampire doesn't make the people who already bought in pledge more money like a really cool option does. Still, just feels lame.

• Like 1

5th post of the conjecture thread, tyvm. Yes, I know the new one isn't Kaladrax, but you got to admit, that was a pretty good call. ::):

~v

5th post of the conjecture thread, tyvm. Yes, I know the new one isn't Kaladrax, but you got to admit, that was a pretty good call. ::):

~v

Hah! Beat you by 4 posts!

"

Here's my list of hopefuls:

Kaladrax

"

Ahem! http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45187-kickstarter-conjecture-topic/page__view__findpost__p__625503

~v

Hah! Beat you by 4 posts!

"

Here's my list of hopefuls:

Kaladrax

"

You've asked for *everything* at one point or another, Baphomet. That doesn't count. Also, you asked specifically for Kaladrax. I told you why we wouldn't get him, and threw out the possibility of a new sculpt. I only missed on the name. :;):

dwarvenranger gets partial credit for asking for a new dracolich a full day after my post.. ::D:

~v

To whoever said "Uh, look at the map, the big prize is obviously the treasure pile!" I give you...a chair, a candle rack, a small treasure chest, a slab and a tomb.

woo...yay...meh

Everyone is going to react differently to different options. I was happy to see the cost effective dungeon accessories and have opted for extra sets so as to decorate the adventures with some neat features. That and the Wayne Reynolds dracolich made it very worthwhile to me.

If you're unhappy with particular options, I suggest that you set yourself up for some tried and true trading! There's even a thread already started for people to set up pre-trades.

• Super Administrators

Thank you!

I do not know if this has been answered before... but what shirt sizes are available?

Whatever size you need. We're not ordering them until after the survey.

To whoever said "Uh, look at the map, the big prize is obviously the treasure pile!" I give you...a chair, a candle rack, a small treasure chest, a slab and a tomb.

woo...yay...meh

You forgot the dracolich.

No, I know it's there...but gaining the privilege to spend a little less than retail to buy something extra doesn't really say 'bonus given to loyal contributors' to me.

I may even buy it, but to me the *rewards* are what gets added to vampire. And what gets added to vampire at and beyond the million dollar mark is, frankly, disappointing.

Again, I'm not knocking the program, we're at like 180 minis for $100, so I'm happy and I might even get the dracolitch...but like I said, the actual *reward* is disappointing.

I complained about the pirates being disappointing for a million dollar marker and was told "ohh, just wait for the treasure room!" and the treasure room is furniture.

I realize why they're doing it. The options are where they're actually *making* money. They're nowhere near as much of a discount as the vampire packs, so selling you 10 cents worth of plastic for $25 gives them the ability to give us a ton of other minis for $100, and adding to vampire alone doesn't make people who;ve already contributed put more money in. The only way to get a vampire level backer to put in more money is to throw out cool looking options.

Options are what really drives the whole thing...I get that, but it doesn't mean I'm not still disappointed when the next two things after 7 beautifully detailed pathfinder minis are 5 pirates and some dungeon IKEA