Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$8k to go, and an hour left to make it happen by midnight (eastern time)...I get the feeling Bryan's laying in bed cursing 'that accursed yet incredibly helpful widget Kit wrote' right about now...

You know, I'd rather hit goal before midnight than after. With $100k goals, I can at least sleep tonight. That'll take you guys at least 5 hours to burn through, right? ;)

That should be lots of fun, I have never been to the pan handle. :(

Hope you have beautiful weather and a great time.

Thanks, I'm sure we'll have a great time, regardless of the weather. But between you and me (and, well, the entire rest of the forum), I'm crossing my fingers for nice weather too. :;):

@Pete: That's cool. Sadly (well, this is relative, I guess), I won't get to spend much time on shore there. That's the stop that I've chosen as my fishing trip. There was no way in heck I was gonna take a trip to Alaska and not spend a little time fishing for salmon. ::D:

Back on topic: looks like we will miss a $200K day by >< this much. On the other hand, a 2nd stretch goal today is definitely within reach, and I did not expect that. Today has also now eclipsed Friday for the most new pledges. Who is ready for some quarter of a million dollar days?

~v

• Like 1

Heh - I prefer the current designs for the giants, but I fully realize that tastes vary.

The Auld Grump

I agree. There's nothing wrong with human-proportioned giants...but I really, really, REALLY like these. The fire giants we're getting for this look like really angry viking/dwarf cross-breeds. The norse styling really shines through, and lends an air of distinction that normally-proportioned giants lack. I can't help but think of normally-proportioned giants at 56mm-scale minis trying to pass themselves off as giants.

You know, I'd rather hit goal before midnight than after. With $100k goals, I can at least sleep tonight. That'll take you guys at least 5 hours to burn through, right? ;)

True Dat, good sir...you guys are what, an hour behind me?

With the rate things are going, we should leave you alone until at least 7am local time once this one's hit. I hope our enthusiasm [measured in millions of dollars now!] hasn't burned out your (both you personally and you as in Reaper) enthusiasm for doing the project.

$13K and change. Possible, but with only 34 minutes left in the Kicktraq day, it'd be cutting it really close, even with the fantastic page. Then again, if we hit this goal early enough, a good reveal could spur more pledges...

EDIT: GET OUT OF MY HEAD, BRYAN!!! :;):

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Heh - I prefer the current designs for the giants, but I fully realize that tastes vary.

The Auld Grump

I agree. There's nothing wrong with human-proportioned giants...but I really, really, REALLY like these. The fire giants we're getting for this look like really angry viking/dwarf cross-breeds. The norse styling really shines through, and lends an air of distinction that normally-proportioned giants lack. I can't help but think of normally-proportioned giants at 56mm-scale minis trying to pass themselves off as giants.

The term that comes to my mind with the current fire and frost giants is 'primal'. Elemental forces given humanoid form.

I use them for Pathfinder, and quite like them.

The Auld Grump

With the rate things are going, we should leave you alone until at least 7am local time once this one's hit. I hope our enthusiasm [measured in millions of dollars now!] hasn't burned out your (both you personally and you as in Reaper) enthusiasm for doing the project.

I'd be lying if I said i wasn't looking forward to Sunday morning, sleeping for 57 hours.

The term that comes to my mind with the current fire and frost giants is 'primal'. Elemental forces given humanoid form.

I use them for Pathfinder, and quite like them.

The Auld Grump

I couldn't afford them in metal...one of the reasons I'm thrilled to see them [and the big dragons] in plastic.

I'd be lying if I said i wasn't looking forward to Sunday morning, sleeping for 57 hours.

Well, I know it's a week early, but thanks for putting up with us and our sometimes really inopportune goal meeting times. If and when I make it to a Reapercon, I'll buy you a beer for all this has put you through.

Edit: $2,065 until you can go to bed.