Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Well, the maximum you can pledge is only 10,000 because of tax implications. Someone did that earlier on a reveal and it didn't make Bryan to happy. They actually get a list of the activity during the day so they would know exactly who pulled that kind of stunt. Not sure what action they could take but they would know who you are.

They'd replace all your Bones with real bones and include a note saying "Some scrimshaw required".

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While speed painting, I overheard some people talking about why they were hesitant about buying in. They stated they would have loved having bones at the Paint and Take to test out.

I'll admit, I'm blowing my whole mini budget for about a year or two on this thing (and wishing I could spend more). So it's a big purchase, and somehting to be carefully considered.

However, if people are hesitating on this because they don't know how they will paint up, I offer several suggestions.

1) Check out all the resources here and on Youtube showing that the paint goes on well, and doesn't chip off.

2) Go to a local store and buy one in the next 4 days and paint it.

- If a person's local store doesn't have Bones, all the more reason to buy in on this. ^_^

For the people on the fence, I think it would be wise to figure out if you like these figures or not, because otherwise there might be a whole lott'a regret up in here after this closes. :upside:

$180,000? No, it says $195,552

Apparently, although the hourly total had updated, the graph had not when I checked it. I thought it seemed odd, but it was late, so I didn't bother to do the math. I noticed the corrected data this morning when I checked for today's total.

~v

I did some calculating last night and didn't up my pledge, but after additional review I'm thinking that I should pledge for anything I'm even remotely interested in having for the future. Reality is that the price will never be lower and if I don't get around to painting it all for 10 years it can just join the other multitudes of unpainted stuff in totes all over my basement.

That seems logical, doesn't it? My fiance will accept that, right?

galahad - here's my worst experiences, and no, i'm not referring to any one person, but 3-4 PER CONVENTION I attend:

Guy asks for a Human Fighter with a Bow.

I present to him Mason thornwarden. Guy says "No, that says he's a ranger. I want a fighter with a bow"

The details change form person to person, but the story is the same.

"Fighter in plate, blister says paladin"

"Halfling, Blister says gnome"

"Human, Blister says half-elf"

You forgot "I want an elf. That says drow." Or vice versa.

Yes. And I want a Rogue, that says assassin.

You guys need to print up a whole bunch of "Peel and Stick" race/class labels for each con.

Gamer: I wanted a fighter. That says 'Ranger'!

Bryan: Oh! My mistake. Here let me go find you the right miniature.

<goes behind the counter, attaches label>

Bryan: Here you go. One fighter, as requested.

Gamer: Yay!

(Alternatively:

Gamer: But I wanted him to be *Left Handed*!

Bryan: ...)

• Like 1

I did some calculating last night and didn't up my pledge, but after additional review I'm thinking that I should pledge for anything I'm even remotely interested in having for the future. Reality is that the price will never be lower and if I don't get around to painting it all for 10 years it can just join the other multitudes of unpainted stuff in totes all over my basement.

Seems logical to me. Unfortunately women don't always understand logic, so I can't say for sure about the second part.

Seems logical to me. Unfortunately women don't always understand logic, so I can't say for sure about the second part.

Good point. And math isn't really a strength for her. So, I'm hearing that I should follow logic but work on baffling her with numbers so she doesn't realize how much I spent...unless she asks me for a total. Hmmmm....

I don't know why they would be upset at $10,000 pledges, the paperwork isn't that much ( Its usually anti-moneylaundering paperwork ), and they don't have to pack 100 Vampire pledge sets ( $100 * 100 = $10,000 ).

It's at $10,000.01 where paperwork must be filled out and it is only cash deposits or withdrawls at banks. It is also why if you're carrying more than $10k in cash through an airport you can get into trouble. Now that is not to say that KS does it voluntarily because KS would be a great way to launder money. Not that I know. :devil:

Good point. And math isn't really a strength for her. So, I'm hearing that I should follow logic but work on baffling her with numbers so she doesn't realize how much I spent...unless she asks me for a total. Hmmmm....

Only your fiance? You're good to go. This is only a problem when you're married and have joint bank accounts.

Only your fiance? You're good to go. This is only a problem when you're married and have joint bank accounts.

Green light. GO!!! Where's my calculator? :devil:

I don't know why they would be upset at $10,000 pledges, the paperwork isn't that much ( Its usually anti-moneylaundering paperwork ), and they don't have to pack 100 Vampire pledge sets ( $100 * 100 = $10,000 ).

He was upset because the pledge (which wasn't 10,000, that's just the top end that KS allows) made him reveal the next goal early and then they withdrew the pledge. Doing that is what ticks Bryan off.

• Like 1

Anyone else finding themselves going back to look at the Vampire pledge level pics and being stunned by just how much stuff is in there? It's not like I haven't been watching all the stretch goals get hit, and I know we are approaching 200 miniatures in the deal, but *seeing* all of them is pretty stunning.

~v

• Like 3