Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Left this on a couple of web forums, regarding the Sophie Swap....

Hmmm, new update on the Bones Kickstarter - kind of an important one - the Pledge Manager (Coming SOON) will allow you to do some substitutions from the Vampire pledge - for example, you can exchange Sophie On A Motorcycle for Nethyrmaul....

ff16639b1bf6741f03566b31ef465a25_large.jpg?1344824805

Or

156affe6d6d637f5a5c9799be01afc65_large.jpg?1345399915

?

Umm.... Sophie... on a bike!

Nethyrmaulllll....

But Sophie! On a bike!

Nethyrmaulllll....

But, but, what if I add three dollars?

f7a27cfa34ee96c1e55737ca7aadc8fe_large.jpg?1344824921

Nethyrm... Ack! She's nekkid!

::P:

Sorry, still punchy from the retreat....

The Auld Grump, like it says, I was off this past weekend, running games at a pagan retreat.... Even though I am not a pagan, particularly....

Love the update and the ability to switch out Sophie. This does lead me to some questions though. I really have one for me but thought of a couple other things people might try to do so thought I'd mention them as well.

1. Shipping! - Sophie ships in Sept. I'm getting paints that are suppose to ship with Sophie. Are they still shipping in Sept. if I switch her out?

2. If someone pledged 125$, (100 +25 for international shipping) could they switch out Sophie to cover shipping and down their pledge by 25$? I think this is a no (should be) and would be a dick move but it should probably be made clear.

3. If someone is at 125 or above I assume they could just reduce their pledge by 25$ to get the same amount of stuff minus. Again kinda a nasty move given how nice they are being by giving this option (or maybe they just didn't make enough Sophies :). I assume given people have already made the peace with their wallet and pledged they will see the 25$ as minis not cash.

4. Is the switch out limited to figs or could you grab a hat or T-shirt? (Which is crazy talk, though a hat and T-shirt would be nice!)

As for bathing cats I had one that got sprayed by a skunk once! Ah the horror. Have to love Maine though. Sometimes she did manage to befriend the skunks :)

Anyone else finding themselves going back to look at the Vampire pledge level pics and being stunned by just how much stuff is in there? It's not like I haven't been watching all the stretch goals get hit, and I know we are approaching 200 miniatures in the deal, but *seeing* all of them is pretty stunning.

~v

Dude, When this nears the end I'll take a picture of the two shelves in my office I keep all the minis on... that's freaking impressive

Only two shelves? When I finally got to see your house, I was surprised to see that your living room wasn't wallpapered in them.

He forgot to mention his office is 900' wide and the shelves are 40' deep.

But...y'know.

No, these are people that go, "Hey, That's perfect" and then look for a minute and say "wait, this says he's a ranger, and I want a fighter"

You're trying to use reason and Logic Frank. I know these people.

*twitch*

I'd hoped it wasn't so...I knew it was but I hoped...

For a hobby based on imagination, some folks can show a distinct lack therof. It's sort of the RPG version of the wargamer attitude:

"I know it looks right, but it's not made by the same company so it can't be used in that game"

When I look for a figure the sculpt (style, size, etc) and price are the main considerations. Title, brand and game are very secondary.

Not only do I use outside models in my wargames (when I can), I actively seek them out! As I am a big fan of Games Workshop games (well, Warhammer 40k and Lord of the Rings), I want to have a bunch of models so I can play, but at the same time I hate to give inordinate amounts of money to a company that treats its customers so poorly. Of course, sticking to "What You See is What You Get" can be hard sometimes, especially with 40k, but it's really worth it when you get to be creative by using, say, Wargames Factory orcs as Mordor Uruk-Hai, or Reaper NOVA/IMEF marines as Imperial Guard stormtroopers.

And it saves the heck out of my wallet!

Love the update and the ability to switch out Sophie. This does lead me to some questions though. I really have one for me but thought of a couple other things people might try to do so thought I'd mention them as well.

1. Shipping! - Sophie ships in Sept. I'm getting paints that are suppose to ship with Sophie. Are they still shipping in Sept. if I switch her out?

2. If someone pledged 125$, (100 +25 for international shipping) could they switch out Sophie to cover shipping and down their pledge by 25$? I think this is a no (should be) and would be a dick move but it should probably be made clear.

3. If someone is at 125 or above I assume they could just reduce their pledge by 25$ to get the same amount of stuff minus. Again kinda a nasty move given how nice they are being by giving this option (or maybe they just didn't make enough Sophies :). I assume given people have already made the peace with their wallet and pledged they will see the 25$ as minis not cash.

4. Is the switch out limited to figs or could you grab a hat or T-shirt? (Which is crazy talk, though a hat and T-shirt would be nice!)

As for bathing cats I had one that got sprayed by a skunk once! Ah the horror. Have to love Maine though. Sometimes she did manage to befriend the skunks :)

1) Paints would still Ship in Sept.

2) No. SHipping is not an Item and thus may not be substituted.

3) I'm not sure what the question is. But I think you mean, can I get Nethyrmaul + Vampire for $100 instead of $125? Yes.

4)Credit is Credit. If you want clothing instead of minis, go for it.

I see the problem as instead of saying I want a fighter with a bow. they should be saying I want a human male with plate armor or scale armor or etc. wielding a bow. Because a ranger is a fighter with a bow but they may be looking for different style armor.

Again, you're applying logic and assuming something. These people love the mini, and get halfway to the register before they see that I offered them a "ranger" mini and now feel cheated like a bait and switch game.

From the new video, swapping out sophie for more bones would be great! I wonder if they will let you swap out other stuff?

Also, where's Lini in the Pathfinder iconics? She is the best one!

No. No swapping of other minis, just Sophie, and only because she's the only metal offering.

This is a package deal, and if we start allowing all 7,000 backers 100% customizability, we might as well just tear up the Vampire package and post a per price on everything, buffet style.

Swapping Sophie is great news! I'll take a Nethyrmaul instead!

But I do have 1 question Bryan: Will there be a way to add additional duplicates of some of the original 30 new Bones that started the KS? You could do it individually or group them by theme. Since we can get more of all the add-ons, it'd be strange if we couldn't get more of the original bunch...

Adding the stretch addons is easy, because they are already in cohesive groups, with themes and titles. We would have to invent groups and titles, and trust me, we'd piss off everybody that wanted fig A from group 1 and fig B from group 7. At this point, I get yelled at even for giving them what they spent a month asking for...

*sigh*

Perhaps I should stop reading the various global fora for a while and just sleep.

Awesome. I'll drop sophie and get nethyrmaul instead! awesome as sophie is, I see more--- damn it I want that sophie so bad. It's SO COOL D;

I think I might have to think this through a bit more....

Awesome. I'll drop sophie and get nethyrmaul instead! awesome as sophie is, I see more--- damn it I want that sophie so bad. It's SO COOL D;

I think I might have to think this through a bit more....

Yeah, I'm with you. I don't know what I could use the Sophie for, and I love the Nethyrmaul model... but I can't pass up the option to get a special collector's model! At least I know that if I ever need an undead dragon in the future, I can always pick one up at a reasonable price. The same is not true for Sophie, though, and when I've painted her, she'll get to be on display as serious modeling cred.

Reaper Bryan,

You have been more than up front with everyone from what I have seen. I look at this whole kickstart and go WOW. The whole deal is amazing. Will I use every fig I am to receive? Probably not but I will use a lot of them and have things for what the furture might bring.

The execution by Reaper has been amazing. I'd be post my favorite saying if I were you. "No Crybabies Allowed"

Don't know how you are staying sane. I hope to meet you at the up coming Reaper Con next spring and Shake your hand and tell you in person what a great job I feel that you have done.

NO CRYBABIES ALLOWED ::P:

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.. question 3 wasn't really a question more a comment. Sorry about that. And 2 and 4 were more feeling like with being able to switch Sophie out a bit of a can of worms was opened with things people were going to ask. My really question was about the paints and I'm very happy they are still shipping in Sept. Now I just have the pain of trying to decide which of the many great options I want to switch Sophie out for! Oh the pain!!!! :;):

Oh, god, what have you done? What have you done, Bryan?

I'm having a severe crisis of conscience here!

I mean . . . Sophie, Sophie is metal, right? I already gave up all her friends to switch out the $110 to Bones. But . . . but Sophie at vampire was metal. METAL! Do you know what this means? Technically I pledged for metal, you see! Ha ha ha! Yes, brilliant isn't it? I didn't pledge for Bones at all! They were incidental to getting the metal Sophie that I could only EVER GET by opting in!

She was the perfect excuse.

And now? Now I'm told i can switch her out for N . . . Neth . . . Nethyrmaul?

* pulls out hair *

* holds breath until turns purple *

* curls up into a ball *

NYYYYAAAAUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

GiVe Me ThE dRaCoLiCh. He ShAlL rUlE tHiS mOrTaL rEaLm. AlL sHaLl hEaR hIs NaMe AnD dEsPaIr!!!!

* cackles madly while lightning strobes through the keep window *

whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with you. I don't know what I could use the Sophie for, and I love the Nethyrmaul model... but I can't pass up the option to get a special collector's model! At least I know that if I ever need an undead dragon in the future, I can always pick one up at a reasonable price. The same is not true for Sophie, though, and when I've painted her, she'll get to be on display as serious modeling cred.

it's not even -that-

it's that the kickstarter sophie is a succubus on a freakin motorcycle. A MOTORCYCLE, DAV.

Swapping Sophie is great news! I'll take a Nethyrmaul instead!

But I do have 1 question Bryan: Will there be a way to add additional duplicates of some of the original 30 new Bones that started the KS? You could do it individually or group them by theme. Since we can get more of all the add-ons, it'd be strange if we couldn't get more of the original bunch...

Adding the stretch addons is easy, because they are already in cohesive groups, with themes and titles. We would have to invent groups and titles, and trust me, we'd piss off everybody that wanted fig A from group 1 and fig B from group 7. At this point, I get yelled at even for giving them what they spent a month asking for...

*sigh*

Perhaps I should stop reading the various global fora for a while and just sleep.

No sleep for you!

We're less than 40k out, another late night for the Bryan... ;p