Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Kickstarter Discussion Thread

So the other day I was walking down the street when Sophie came riding up on her Kickstarter motorcycle while carrying a Nethermaul. She then got off of her bike and tore off all of her clothes, becoming nekkid Sophie, and said "If you see anything you like you can have it". And I said, "ooh, cool bike, thanks".

Halber

• Like 3

Numerous times? really?

Some of us are following threads in multiple locations, so yes, it has in fact been said numerous times, with at least one of those being here on the forums. FWIW, I didn't read it as snippy; just to the point.

Deep breath, everyone. We just got the Hydra reveal. Be happy. ::):

~v

Deep breath, everyone. We just got the Hydra reveal. Be happy. ::):

~v

Yeah...and you probably didn't need some alone time when you saw your new Reptus proxies. :lol:

Is it bad that I want Naked Sophie Riding the Big N?

It'd be bad if you didn't!

And Sophie on a T-Rex would in fact trump every mini we have ever made.

Oh yeah? Well, how about an Old West Sophie, with a monocle, riding a clockwork T-Rex that has a hand-cranked old tyme gatling gun mount.

Wearing a top hat.

But it's not the real Old West, you see. It's some kind of weird interdimensional crossroads. It's a frontier town that abuts all frontiers, and she's the only sherrif who can keep charge of the place. Her and her trusty T-Rex mount, keeping an eye on all the alien gangsters, gambling horrors, and assorted regular folk passing through on their way to limitless worlds of adventure.

Now I don't especially know what all that is, but I know I want it. I want to play that. I want to see that.

• Like 3

I just threw in another $125 to the kickstarter. Can't wait to get all those minis in the mail.

I'm not sure which is going to be worse...waiting to see how far this thing gets before it closes, or waiting until March to get the goods!

I just threw in another $125 to the kickstarter. Can't wait to get all those minis in the mail.

I'm not sure which is going to be worse...waiting to see how far this thing gets before it closes, or waiting until March to get the goods!

OMG! I agree! Both are going to be painful!

(and see I peeked. :blink: )

• Like 1

Yeah...and you probably didn't need some alone time when you saw your new Reptus proxies. :lol:

Happy to get them, but they probably won't see duty in my Reptus army. They would all be overlap for stuff I already have enough painted models for. But, they will almost definitely replace the trolls and Reptus I've been using in the dungeon crawl. And I can have a new hydra painted so I can leave my metal one strictly for Warlord duty. ::):

~v

But it's not the real Old West, you see. It's some kind of weird interdimensional crossroads. It's a frontier town that abuts all frontiers, and she's the only sherrif who can keep charge of the place. Her and her trusty T-Rex mount, keeping an eye on all the alien gangsters, gambling horrors, and assorted regular folk passing through on their way to limitless worlds of adventure.

Now I don't especially know what all that is, but I know I want it. I want to play that. I want to see that.

Hmm. Actually, that whole premise reminds me of this:

2439198.jpg

("Ruby" from Studio McVey.)

Hmm. Actually, that whole premise reminds me of this:

("Ruby" from Studio McVey.)

Validation! Validation! The idea is good!

• Like 1

Dang it! I said $400 was my limit.... I may have to start pruning.

I'm kinda in the same boat, what do I really want to paint, keep, and sell. Getting all these minis for the price is such a steal.

I was curious about the proposed scale of Nethyrmaul, so I dropped the sketch into Photoshop along with some other largish dragons, resized so the little human was the same for all the images, then outlined the big guy in red so you can see the difference. (I left him on the base, though I'm kind of hoping that will be reduced/removable so the figure is more 'playable'.)

kickstarter-dragon-art-scaled.jpg

(You'll note that Nethyrmaul's front claw is roughly the size of Deathsleet's whole head...)

• Like 6