Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Kickstarter Discussion Thread

I was curious about the proposed scale of Nethyrmaul, so I dropped the sketch into Photoshop along with some other largish dragons, resized so the little human was the same for all the images, then outlined the big guy in red so you can see the difference.

* jaw drops open *

Honeycomb's big, yeah yeah yeah!

So... then I got to wondering how big the thing is compared to its nearest competitor. So I found an image of a certain Colossal dragon standing next to a man-sized figure, and dropped it in for visual comparison purposes. D&D players who realize they can get the figure outlined in black for $25 through this kickstarter might be more inclined to see the value here... feel free to re-distribute this image as desired.... I grant permission... ;)

kickstarter-dragon-art-scaled2.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all.

Newbie miniature painter wannabe here. I am excited by this project to the point that I am all in and will try my hand at miniature painting. Looking forward to tips and getting my hand on brushes! :)

I realise there is alot planned and going on but I would like to put foward the idea of expanding the sophia trade in option that is has been outlined for Reaper Kickstarter Manager. I for one would like to see other options for trade in. Personally I would rather keep Sophie and trade in miniatures that would never be used in my world. I am purely a fantasy RPGer who may in time more to try his hand at fantasy wargaming. There are four inclusions that I would like to see added to the swap in deal and after reading the forums here and over at Paizo quite a few others. The four in particular are: the chronoscope, IMEF marines, Nova and Vampire hunters miniatures.

When you look at the four I highlight, they are the 4 odd ducks in the pile.

Thanks for the opportunity to give feedback here. I look forward to the future when the good staff of Reaper post off my order and I can start using the paint! :)

• Like 1

Hi all.

Newbie miniature painter wannabe here. I am excited by this project to the point that I am all in and will try my hand at miniature painting. Looking forward to tips and getting my hand on brushes! :)

I realise there is alot planned and going on but I would like to put foward the idea of expanding the sophia trade in option that is has been outlined for Reaper Kickstarter Manager. I for one would like to see other options for trade in. Personally I would rather keep Sophie and trade in miniatures that would never be used in my world. I am purely a fantasy RPGer who may in time more to try his hand at fantasy wargaming. There are four inclusions that I would like to see added to the swap in deal and after reading the forums here and over at Paizo quite a few others. The four in particular are: the chronoscope, IMEF marines, Nova and Vampire hunters miniatures.

Thanks for the opportunity to give feedback here. I look forward to the future when the good staff of Reaper post off my order and I can start using the paint! :)

No swapping of other minis, just Sophie, and only because she's the only metal offering.

This is a package deal, and if we start allowing all 7,000 backers 100% customizability, we might as well just tear up the Vampire package and post a per price on everything, buffet style.

EDIT: Bryan has already answered this part.

There is a trade thread here to work on getting rid of the stuff you don't want. There's already plenty of posts of people who don't want scifi, or don't want pathfinder, or whatever. You should have no problems offloading most of the figures you don't want for something else.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Hi all.

Welcome! Hopefully I get this written quickly enough. (Verdict? Nope, WAY too slow.)

While Reaper would love to be able to offer that kind of customizability, they looked at it and the logistics would be too convoluted and too expensive to make it feasible. However, several forum members have started a 'Trade your bones' thread, in which you should be able to get rid of the ones you don't want and pick up ones you do.

Posting this now, then going back to edit to address the rest! (Verdict here? There's not anything else to post about. 0 for 2!)

Fair call. I can appreciate the logistics of it all. Maybe instead of 100% swap factor allow a just a few.

All said and done, the package deal is most generous. I for one will not be pulling out. :)

Congratulation on an awesome kickstarter.

Fair call. I can appreciate the logistics of it all. Maybe instead of 100% swap factor allow a just a few.

In theory, that sounds manageable. In practice, how many people would scream about the stuff they wanted not being eligible? It's already happening with Sophie.

Incidentally, offering the option to ditch Sophie is actually easy for Reaper; she would not have shipped with the Bones package anyway, so in many cases, they get to drop a September shipment for that supporter entirely. And for the Bones shipment, it would be adding stuff to it, not taking away from it.

Everything else? Not so much.

I still contend that the nicest thing to do with your unwanted Bones is to give them to a friend who likes them as a present. They will think you are awesome for doing so (and you would be!) and you might just turn them on to Reaper for the next time they roll one of these bad boys around. :;):

~v

• Like 1

In theory, that sounds manageable. In practice, how many people would scream about the stuff they wanted not being eligible? It's already happening with Sophie.

Refinancing the house and using the equity on Bones...Mary wouldn't kill me too much :lol:

we have a spare room if you need to borrow it...