Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Anyways it looks like Reaperbryan did indeed answer the question - no swapping of anything except the metal Sophie.

I apologize for not exercising better judgment in my accusations, then. I wished only to be "to the point" as much as the other....

Also; thanks. ^.^ Looks like I'll just have to sell them and use the money to buy stuff I -do- want.

EDIT: I'll just as likely come back here and trade with other users.

@reaperbryan: The reality is, we DO have 100% customizability with the bones, in that we can trade/sell them once we have them in march/april. And, thanks for clearing that up again. I really appreciate it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GuywithTheFace (and I do miss your previous avatar), I know many people aren't even offering trades until they get the minis in hand in March. I am one such person. I have a feeling you will find one way or another to get rid of the stuff you won't use, and get what you will. Buy/Sell/Trade/Pimp whatever. :;):

• Like 1

Hi all.

Newbie miniature painter wannabe here.

If you do your best on every painting project and follow through on every project until it's done, you're well on your way to being the best of the best <33

EDIT!!

GuywithTheFace (and I do miss your previous avatar), I know many people aren't even offering trades until they get the minis in hand in March. I am one such person. I have a feeling you will find one way or another to get rid of the stuff you won't use, and get what you will. Buy/Sell/Trade/Pimp whatever. :;):

Oh? Then perhaps I should change my avatar back. ;) and -maybe- also my signature.

EDIT: I'll be sure to check out the trade thread if I don't have a buyer by the time I get the bones.

I'm kind of hoping that will be reduced/removable so the figure is more 'playable'.)

(You'll note that Nethyrmaul's front claw is roughly the size of Deathsleet's whole head...)

I'd say that base makes the model be more playable.
  • The base lets the dragon be in the quadrupedal stance a dragon SHOULD be in without requiring a giant cavalry base.
  • Lets one use the mini in game systems with stringent base requirements. Trim some rocks and the dragon fits the required base. CD-ROM, 4" square, 120mmx94mm oval or whatever other size the game wants.
  • No slowing the game will cockamamie attempts to claim the dragon has cover. It doesn't.
  • Less bumping other models with it's wings since they are inches off the tabletop.

While not as pretty as your's, Here's a pic that shows a more direct size comparison.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8589/deathofsleet.jpg

deathofsleet.jpg

• Like 2

My $0.02.

A huge Draco-liche already exists in another line.... Now that line is out of print, and therefore that Dracolich is now a bit pricey, ($30-$60, not as much as I thought it would be) and though it's nice to be able to have an in-print offering in that size class, I myself would perfer a Gargantuan or above sized undead dragon, since none that I know of exist.

I have another question:

Is there somewhere that delineates exactly what's being shipped out in September, vs what's going out in March? I know the Bones minis are in March, of course, but is everything else being shipped in September? (case, paints, Sophie, etc) Or are some of them being shipped out next year?

It has been posted many times in many places.

September = paint, & Sophie.

March = Bones & case

the RPM (Reaper post-Kickstarter Pledge Manager) may have an option to ship everything in March.

Edited by ladystorm
corrected an error
  • Like 1

My $0.02.

A huge Draco-liche already exists in another line.... Now that line is out of print, and therefore that Dracolich is now a bit pricey, ($30-$60, not as much as I thought it would be) and though it's nice to be able to have an in-print offering in that size class, I myself would perfer a Gargantuan or above sized undead dragon, since none that I know of exist.

I'd say nethyrmaul's gargantuan, at least. Maybe not the colossal the original size comparisons were hinting at, but gargantuan for sure.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't make it through all 193 pages of posts!

I'm splitting a Vampire level with a friend so we can afford it. Will we be able to buy multiples of the extras? For example, say we both wan a Deathsleet, will I be able to increase my pledge by $20 to get two of them?

March = Bones & case

the RPM (Reaper post-Kickstarter Pledge Manager) may have an option to ship everything in March.

Maybe this information (edit: along with the information regarding only being able to exchange sophie for credit) should be added to the FAQs in the kickstarter, and the opening posts of this thread and the bones news/updates thread, for ease of access.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't make it through all 193 pages of posts!

I'm splitting a Vampire level with a friend so we can afford it. Will we be able to buy multiples of the extras? For example, say we both wan a Deathsleet, will I be able to increase my pledge by $20 to get two of them?

Yes, you can get two or more of any of the extras with your single vampire pledge. Just increase your pledge by the required amount ($20 in the case of two deathsleets) ^.^

Edited by thatguywiththeface
corrected my error
  • Like 1

In a word, Yes

March = Bones & case

Er, Reaper said the cases were March as well...

Edited by ladystorm
corrected my error

March = Bones & case

Er, Reaper said the cases were March as well...

Edited those previous posts to correct that error. Edited by ladystorm
corrected