Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there odds in Las Vegas on where this kickstarter will finish?

Why yes there are...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min/

With the current data - trending towards $591k with a projection between 513k and a cool million. Both 'experimental' functions, but still fun to watch.

Now you can obsess over both Kickstarter AND kicktraq!

we consider kicktraq an invaluable resource not just for our project but for data mining other projects, too.

Are there odds in Las Vegas on where this kickstarter will finish?

I don't know what the odds are, but I'm going to throw out a prediction that we'll get to open the Mausoleum in the stretch goal graphic on Aug 15th.

• Artists

While I think Bones is great epically for dungeon stocking, with first hand painting experience at ReaperCon this year, I gotta admit I wasn't as thrilled when they first came out. You really had to pack the paint on for the paint to actually stick.

It seems like getting that first coat of paint on is a little more challenging, since it does bead up a little. Once that's on and dried, they paint up easier. I'm pretty sure that if you prime them or even just lightly spritz them with Dullcote, it drops that issue significantly.

I did my part spreading the word. I've been a long time member of the Hirst Arts forum and posted a thread about the kickstarter in their off topic section. I know that a bunch of the hobbyist there create modular dungeons for D&D and other assorted games. Hopefully they will populate their creations with the kickstarter. :)

I don't know what the odds are, but I'm going to throw out a prediction that we'll get to open the Mausoleum in the stretch goal graphic on Aug 15th.

What an awesome birthday present!

What an awesome birthday present!

Well, I do hope it's before that. That's just my prediction based on nothing at all. If I'm right, I get to profess my prophetic prowess to anyone who will listen. If I'm wrong and it's earlier, then lots of people are happier. If I'm wrong and it's later, I'll mope...

While I think Bones is great epically for dungeon stocking, with first hand painting experience at ReaperCon this year, I gotta admit I wasn't as thrilled when they first came out. You really had to pack the paint on for the paint to actually stick.

It seems like getting that first coat of paint on is a little more challenging, since it does bead up a little. Once that's on and dried, they paint up easier. I'm pretty sure that if you prime them or even just lightly spritz them with Dullcote, it drops that issue significantly.

Yah I got the impression as well. Once I was able to get my basecoats on, it was like painting normal. Just getting those area covered was were it was puzzling. Again, nothing to take away + I'm glad I was able to get my hands on them, cause I know the ones I have here at home won't get paint on them for awhile, ha ha.

Tempted to by into Vampire level............