Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

... elves. wonderful.

I suppose the disappointment is my fault for not having the same tastes as everybody else. Oh well, they look nice and there's more and better things to come.

I don't suppose we'll be seeing many more added rewards to lower pledge levels? It's sensible that we wouldn't, what with Vampire being the big moneymaker, but it would certainly be nice to get more than the dungeon pack for those of us who are frugal and/or poor.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... elves. wonderful.

I suppose the disappointment is my fault for not having the same tastes as everybody else. Oh well, they look nice and there's more and better things to come.

I don't suppose we'll be seeing many more added rewards to lower pledge levels? It's sensible that we wouldn't, what with Vampire being the big moneymaker, but it would certainly be nice to get more than the dungeon pack for those of us who are frugal and/or poor.

I am not allowed to reveal the contents of future goals except via the updates themselves, but I can be cagey sometimes as skirt the topic as long as nobody tells on me.

How about this: Have patience.

With Gencon only two weeks away and since Reaper is not planning an official presence there I was wondering: Is there anything I can do while I'm down there to help promote your Kickstarter?

You could talk to your friends and fellow gamers about it. Spread the word. :)

While I think Bones is great epically for dungeon stocking, with first hand painting experience at ReaperCon this year, I gotta admit I wasn't as thrilled when they first came out. You really had to pack the paint on for the paint to actually stick.

It seems like getting that first coat of paint on is a little more challenging, since it does bead up a little. Once that's on and dried, they paint up easier. I'm pretty sure that if you prime them or even just lightly spritz them with Dullcote, it drops that issue significantly.

Don't thin the first coat. It's the water making it bead.

Don't primer. The primer will crack when the model flexes but paint will not. Use sealer with caution for the same reason. :)

While I think Bones is great epically for dungeon stocking, with first hand painting experience at ReaperCon this year, I gotta admit I wasn't as thrilled when they first came out. You really had to pack the paint on for the paint to actually stick.

It seems like getting that first coat of paint on is a little more challenging, since it does bead up a little. Once that's on and dried, they paint up easier. I'm pretty sure that if you prime them or even just lightly spritz them with Dullcote, it drops that issue significantly.

Don't primer. The primer will crack when the model flexes but paint will not. Use sealer with caution for the same reason. :)

Also - wash the mini with soap and water to remove any oils and/or mold release left on the plastic.

I painted one of the purple worms with cheap craft paint as the base coat - no beading to be seen! :) (I think that is where I actually started liking the Bones line. :) )

The Auld Grump, washing the minis is a good idea anyway, regardless of material.

Also - wash the mini with soap and water to remove any oils and/or mold release left on the plastic.

I painted one of the purple worms with cheap craft paint as the base coat - no beading to be seen! :) (I think that is where I actually started liking the Bones line. :) )

The Auld Grump, washing the minis is a good idea anyway, regardless of material.

I'm actually reasonably sure you don't need to wash bones minis.

I'm actually reasonably sure you don't need to wash bones minis.

The ones we offer at Paint and Takes are unprimed, Unwashed, and we've never had a problem unless the painter thinned their basecoat.

I've had some minor beading in the dozen plus Bones I've painted now (on larger minis), but all it took was going away to work on other parts of the mini and then coming back and repainting the area. Cleaning the mini would certainly remove the problem entirely, but isn't really necassary.

Are there odds in Las Vegas on where this kickstarter will finish?

Why yes there are...

http://www.kicktraq....-of-gaming-min/

With the current data - trending towards $591k with a projection between 513k and a cool million. Both 'experimental' functions, but still fun to watch.

Now you can obsess over both Kickstarter AND kicktraq!

we consider kicktraq an invaluable resource not just for our project but for data mining other projects, too.

According to the daily data, there was a huge spike in pledges when the Ebonwrath Dragon goal was revealed. I suspect you will see a similar, if not as large, spike in pledges when the MSP goal is revealed.