Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh, I guess halflings are better than nothing.... but on the upside: GIANTS. FRIKKIN. GIANTS. UGUISE.

Really, it's not even that it's halflings. It's that Corim the Kestrel isn't there with them :c

Wait a second, my name's not Randy. In other news; ~$3k to go! who else is excited?

Haldir = Randy

Sorry, my brain ate a bean burrito earlier and, well, you know...

Woo-hoo! I like the next batch too. There aren't enough short adventurers in the world. :poke:

Is it wrong that I've started tracking time in terms of dollars and stretch goals instead of minutes and hours?

Aye, I told my boss I'd have teh project completed within two stretch goals.

• Like 4

love these new giants! She's super sexy. And halflings! The gnome warrioress y Derek is one of my favorite sculpts ever.

and obtw, two million! such a good day. now, bed.

(oh, Buglips, sorry your squee is broked. Mine made a hole in the back of my throat.)

I like the look of the new giants, though I can't help but notice there was no scale pic next to them.

Say, anyone have a written list of all options and extra sets? Kinda like this, but with everything? Trying to make a complete list is going too slow for my hunt and peck typing.

Fire giant king & queen

Ebonwrath

There be dragons

Demons

Deathsleet

Undead giant

Clockwork dragon

spider centaur

frost worm

Jabberwock

Deep dwellers

Nethyrmaul

Hydra

I know it won't be needed after the Reaper pledge manager is up, but I want to try to compute and update my pledge before Saturday.

As thrilled as I am about all of new minis I get to add to my collection I am wondering what is really going on behind closed doors at Reaper at this point. I'd love to be a fly on the wall as they ride this roller coaster with us. On the one hand: "YEAY, MONEY TO EXPAND THE LINE!" but on the other hand "HOLY CRAP!! What did we get ourselves into??!!"

There has to be a tipping point where this no longer becomes the profit they wanted/needed. Between all the shipping costs, extra pay for extra hours, extra runs, extra material & manufacturing costs, etc. there has to be a point where it's going to actually put them in the hole to have 10,000+ orders. While the general consensus for business is that "success is a good problem to have" I wonder if they were really prepared for this much success, this fast, and that worries me. Concern is not only for the business itself, but for the people running it- this kind of success, and the problems it brings with it, cause all kinds of stress.

While I'm chomping at the bit to get the minis- I'll gladly wait a few extra months to get them if it takes some stress off the business and the people behind it. The last thing I want to contribute to is the downfall of a company and people I cherish. In many ways I wish they would stop adding new goals just to take some of the pressure off of everyone at Reaper. We have been given more than anyone could reasonably ask of them- to beg & demand more just seems... unappreciative.

Anyway- I'm thrilled with what I am getting and I sincerely appreciate everything that the Reaper team is going through (good and bad) to try to meet customer demands faster. Great job everyone!!! I hope you can all get some sleep on Sunday after the totals are in before you start trying to figure out how you're going to process 10,000+ orders for hundreds of minis, all at once. If I was closer to you I'd gladly volunteer my time helping to process orders.

• Like 2