Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

I'm locked in at $210. There's a bunch of stuff coming out of the same online money pool around this time period and I'm not especially sure if there's more than that to go around. Don't want Reaper to wind up stiffed on the payment because something I forgot about ate it up. I figure if it turns out I got a little loose extra, then I can run it through the PM.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check Dan's pledge calculator in the kickstarter links thread, frank. I think its pretty up to date.
That's perfect!

I am curious on how big the storm giants are expected to be. Are they to scale in the Long image?

I can measure the green for the female when I get back to work (answering from home while checking the totals to see if I have to go in yet). The male is not finished yet, so I can't verify his size. We try to approximate concept art, and hope we're not way off.

She already has a green? Is there a picture of this green? If not, might we impose on your patient and most illustrious self to contrive to get a picture of her green? Perhaps we could bribe you with . . . tasty candy? Fresh cookies? Green-skinned sexy alien ecdysiasts?

I'm awfully, awfully interested in seeing that green. Not sure if you could tell.

• Like 3

I have a $ quantity locked in from a few days in. It's my hobby budget for probably the next two years, but it really ain't much. it was lucky I had some surplus this month, lucky the Kickstarter was timed as it is, lucky I hadn't spent anything on myself for probably a year or more, and lucky I am married to a truly awesome woman, who said:

"We have some spare money. You never spend anything on yourself. Here's what we have spare; spend it. Now."

• Like 4

Wasn't able to post this morning my mind was too blown. When I went to bed we hadn't gotten to the owl bears yet. When I got up we had gotten through Grave Danger and were on the way to Storm Giants and at lunch we got those. :blink:

idk, it depends on what happens in the remaining ~35 hours. I'm still skeptical about $3mil, but I also still hope to be proven wrong to my pleasant surprise.

We should also be aware that the stretch goal rewards from here on out, barring options, might not be as spectacular as they once were. There are only four halflings for one of the biggest stretch goals yet.

It's not a bad thing. It just means that reaper is doing their best to keep up with the costs of making and shipping 2,320,607+ minis, and that's not even accounting for the options that MANY people have UNDOUBTEDLY ordered.

EDIT: When we hit $2.24mil, everyone at vampire and undertaker getting halflings is another 42,172+ minis they have to make.

EDIT2: ALSO, these estimates can not possibly be entirely accurate, hence the plus following them, as they do not account for the number of people who have selected vampire, undertaker, mummy, ghost, wraith or ghast levels multiple times. I just calculated them for everyone here to put things in perspective.

Edited by thatguywiththeface

which is a fancy way of using graphs to make bigger mistakes, faster.

I've been looking for a synergistic new paradigm that would help me actualize my potentials and efficienate my work action program thusly. Thanks for the tip!

Edit to add: Once, on a dare when I worked for a company that shall remain nameless (but still evil), I created a "Work Revitalization Seminar" and filled it with gobbledygook buzzwords, meaningless charts and graphs, and a whole bunch of made-up stuff, just to see if I could fool management.

I got a raise. Big one, too.

If you're in Cubicle Land, remember the secret to promotion is "Work Dumber, Not Harder".

Edit to add 2: I gave up that soul-eating pit of despair in order to become a freelancer. This has provided me with many opportunities to sample the myriad culinary marvels of ramen noodles and canned beans. I regret nothing.

(not all cube farms are that bad, though, so if you're in a good one I intend no offense)

• Like 4

Egads Bryan. What are you doing up. You were here at 3am. I've at least been at work all night. Shoo and get back to bed

Pffft. He'll be at work all night TONIGHT, metaphorically if not actually. I know I would, if I were in his shoes. Last day...