Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Are there odds in Las Vegas on where this kickstarter will finish?

Why yes there are...

http://www.kicktraq....-of-gaming-min/

With the current data - trending towards $591k with a projection between 513k and a cool million. Both 'experimental' functions, but still fun to watch.

Now you can obsess over both Kickstarter AND kicktraq!

we consider kicktraq an invaluable resource not just for our project but for data mining other projects, too.

According to the daily data, there was a huge spike in pledges when the Ebonwrath Dragon goal was revealed. I suspect you will see a similar, if not as large, spike in pledges when the MSP goal is revealed.

IF it is an MSP goal. Remember we are all just assuming that based on the shape of the tombstone. And at the rate it is crawling today, it will take a while to even get to the point where we see that goal. It has only creeped up a few hundred all morning.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF it is an MSP goal. Remember we are all just assuming that based on the shape of the tombstone. And at the rate it is crawling today, it will take a while to even get to the point where we see that goal. It has only creeped up a few hundred all morning.

Well... you have me there. I have been drooling over that "bottleish" marker for a bit. I have tempered hopes for the reveal. :) And yesterday I was hoping that the $155K goal would be reached, but the pace of pledging has dipped and it's killing me.

At that time... how was I supposed to know! ;-)

Oh, I know, Matt. And at the time, I'd have agreed with you. But it's pretty damn funny that we're now in the middle of what could easily become a 1/2 a million dollar kickstarter project for something that was basically a non-factor 5 years ago.

This is also a great quote from that thread:

Now, as for unpainted versions of the LE line...I don't think we're going to see a huge demand for those, because technically, the unpainted versions already exist in pewter.

Nah, no demand here. :;):

~v

• Like 1

Well... you have me there. I have been drooling over that "bottleish" marker for a bit. I have tempered hopes for the reveal. :) And yesterday I was hoping that the $155K goal would be reached, but the pace of pledging has dipped and it's killing me.

According to Bryan's posted Kicktraq.com link, they've raised $3,269 so far today. Slightly more than "a few hundred", I think

Yeah, but most of it happened since I posted that.

At that time... how was I supposed to know! ;-)

Oh, I know, Matt. And at the time, I'd have agreed with you. But it's pretty damn funny that we're now in the middle of what could easily become a 1/2 a million dollar kickstarter project for something that was basically a non-factor 5 years ago.

This is also a great quote from that thread:

Now, as for unpainted versions of the LE line...I don't think we're going to see a huge demand for those, because technically, the unpainted versions already exist in pewter.

Nah, no demand here. :;):

Well, it WAS nearly five years ago - times change.

I'll gladly eat crow here. I think that two factors really help, too - metal prices have continued to rise, and Reaper picked a great material to make the Bones line from.

I'm in. I also threw into the Red Box kickstarter. I wish there weren't so many happening at the same time.

You and me both. The only saving grace is that I have a paycheck coming in between the Red Box and Reaper closings ^_^

The Auld Grump, washing the minis is a good idea anyway, regardless of material.

I'm actually reasonably sure you don't need to wash bones minis.

The ones we offer at Paint and Takes are unprimed, Unwashed, and we've never had a problem unless the painter thinned their basecoat.

That the thing, I didn't thin the paints. Once I had that initial coat on thou it painted like any other mini. Again I will experiment with the Bones I have here at home & that'll be a better sign for me, just my initial reactions.

If your worried about primer, buy Black Gold Adherto (AP01S) primer. It's a clear primer that's meant for Lexan R/C bodies. Stays flexible.

That the thing, I didn't thin the paints. Once I had that initial coat on thou it painted like any other mini. Again I will experiment with the Bones I have here at home & that'll be a better sign for me, just my initial reactions.

If your worried about primer, buy Black Gold Adherto (AP01S) primer. It's a clear primer that's meant for Lexan R/C bodies. Stays flexible.

Same here. Didn't thin the paints and had tiny problems here and there. Also Tamiya FSP is flexible because I use it on my 1/72 Revel infantry models which is a vinyl plastic, flexible like the Bones. I'm wondering if hitting them with the MSP brush-on Primer would solve the issue.

Hey all,

I do thin my paints a bit with water and I didn't have an issue with painting directly on the bones. The initial coverage was poor but the second coat looked fantastic. In my painting conditions, I found that as long as I didn't apply too much paint, I had no puddling effect.

However, that is with my painting conditions - an air conditioned room with a dehumidifier keeping it steady around 45%. Perhaps the reason everyone is having different experiences is that we aren't comparing "apples to apples".

Not too sure. Perhaps Wren or one of the other awesome painters on the forum can shed some light on this.

Maybe Anne has done a case study on this already!

Hey all,

I do thin my paints a bit with water and I didn't have an issue with painting directly on the bones. The initial coverage was poor but the second coat looked fantastic. In my painting conditions, I found that as long as I didn't apply too much paint, I had no puddling effect.

However, that is with my painting conditions - an air conditioned room with a dehumidifier keeping it steady around 45%. Perhaps the reason everyone is having different experiences is that we aren't comparing "apples to apples".

Not too sure. Perhaps Wren or one of the other awesome painters on the forum can shed some light on this.

Maybe Anne has done a case study on this already!

I went looking for a thread on this earlier, and couldn't find anything.

Personally, I have only painted a skin basecoat on three kobolds as a test case. I used Apple Barrel craft paint thinned with a little Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic thinner, and had no issues.

Well, it WAS nearly five years ago - times change.

I'll gladly eat crow here. I think that two factors really help, too - metal prices have continued to rise, and Reaper picked a great material to make the Bones line from.

Ah, you know I'm just giving you a hard time. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to say at the time.

It actually serves as a great reminder that we, as the customers, really have no grounds to tell Reaper what to do with their business. We may often thing Idea X is a fantastic idea, but it's not our own livelihood that we're playing with. Reaper did the smart thing at the time, and now they are doing the smart thing again; telling us to put our money where our mouths are if we really want to see those unpainted plastics happen faster,

I couldn't be more thrilled to see this project coming together the way it is, nor does it lessen my love for the little metal guys in my collection. ::):

~v

• Like 1